Match day programme...

Notifications
Clear all

Match day programme.

Davie
(@davie)
Eminent Member

I’m presuming that there wont be one again this season. I miss it, but it seems to be financially unviable. I guess the new QR hingmy provides the line ups etc, so its not technically necessary, or paper is now seen as anachronistic mebbe. I believe Dewsbury have dropped theirs this season. Most teams still seem to have one but. Ach well, I’ll get used to it.

Topic starter Posted : 08/02/2020 5:53 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

At the turnstile tomorrow they are giving out team-sheets with the token on for a free pie. There is also a reference on it that you can look up to see if you have won a team prize.👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 7:29 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I contacted them and they said they wouldn’t be doing a programme this season, because they lose too much money on them, which is understandable, but I can’t understand how Sheffield Oldham and Swinton managed to produce one last season, with a lot smaller crowds than us, I don’t think they would have done one if they were losing money on it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 10:21 pm
 DLM
(@dlm)
Trusted Member

WISSL are doing a regular fanzine the first of which is tomorrow. That works well for the club as no risk and ultimately makes money. They were well received last season and should improve further this year.

DLM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 11:36 pm
(@webby)

I would like a program it gives you something to read but more importantly for me it enables you to identify the players on the pitch. This is even more relevant when you have so many new or young players in the team that we may not have seen before.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2020 9:25 am
Share: