Notifications
Clear all

Koukash And Leigh

Page 1 / 2
(@carpet-crawler)
Trusted Member

Reports on BBC Sport today that Marwan is keen to get involved in RL again with Leigh being his target. Good friends with Beaumont apparently. It says he has dismissed any re-connection with Salford "for various reasons". I wonder what they are ?

Looks like the joke that was Liverpool RLFC is obviously dead in the water.

Topic starter Posted : 23/08/2021 1:36 pm
(@cuerdley-viking)
Reputable Member

Think Marwan was disappointed with his visit to Leggies, maybe that's us out the running then

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 2:18 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

If only Leggies had a decent wine cellar he would have been throwing his millions at the club now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 2:19 pm
(@cuerdley-viking)
Reputable Member

Had my photo taken in Leggies with Marwan, then he has the audacity to refer to the red wine in Leggies as horse pish.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 2:28 pm
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

I wonder how he knew the differance??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 3:56 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Do you really think that people with egos like Beaumont and Koukash could ever work together? Both would want to be in charge.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 5:07 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

To be fair to Koukash he did front up and help out regardless of his sarky comments towards Leggies!!

Degsy has put lots into Leigh, maybe he needs a second backer to ensure they bounce back up and stay up?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 5:43 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Once you start to rely on a money man they've got you. Anything they don't like and they threaten to pull out, so you have no control.

Looks like Marwan's fellow Liverpool financiers got cold feet or they fell out.

They can always pull out anyway. If we can stand on our own feet we are safer but may not be able to make the same level of signings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2021 6:54 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Leggy’s isn’t renowned for its fine wine, it’s just a keg beer pub.He embarrassed the host, Ainsworth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2021 8:20 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

It would be great to have Koukash back, he has a fine track record in the game upon which he can now build.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2021 9:21 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

It would be great to have Koukash back, he has a fine track record in the game upon which he can now build.

Good wind up RV.Salford were 2 seconds from relegation under his tenure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2021 11:04 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

He did really well for us at our big auction night to save the club, he did the auction for the prizes he put up and accumulated cash for the club. He was actually asked if he came back into RL would he consider Widnes his reply was "never say never", lets hope Degsy doesn't want him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2021 1:36 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

He did actually say something about other clubs wanting him as a backer, some in the championship. Us probably!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2021 9:58 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Good wind up RV.Salford were 2 seconds from relegation under his tenure.

Spot on.

To be fair, I think he wanted (still wants ?) to do right by the game. He genuinely seems to like the game and he can’t be a businessman and think he is going to make money out of the game.

The problem was / is, is that his face doesn’t fit with the RFL. He could come up with the best idea in the world snd they’d just ignore him.

He wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen to Leigh, or us for that matter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2021 1:43 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

The danger is that it would become the 'Marwan Koukash Show'. He likes to be controversial and grab headlines. Some may find it amusing but is that what the club needs?

Financial input from a less obvious source with a genuine feeling for the club would be a better option, but I'm not holding my breath on either front tbh!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2021 8:05 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: