Notifications
Clear all

Incorrect play the ball

(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Watching the games so far this season, the incorrect rule is being applied somewhat erratically

understand laws say you have to play the ball with your foot , I reckon maybe 70 % at best do that

also , maybe I am wrong, but the tackler should roll away when tackle made - so if a tackler has contact with the attacker when he is attempting to play the ball that should be a penalty ?

Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2021 6:34 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

I thought the referee today had quite a good game today, talking to the players and also being consistent at starting the tackle count again after an infringement.

But I was disappointed at his lack of consistency at the ptb.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 7:04 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Either they insist on some proper attempt at playing the ball with the foot or they don't.

Today was a classic example of penalizing ptb's that didnt look right but still there were numerous other unpunished examples of no attempt to use the foot.

Not that the ref was that bad or that he was majorly responsible for us drawing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 11:24 pm
(@darth-vadar)
Trusted Member

I think Rugby League is the only sport that fails to apply its own Laws.

How many times have we seen clamp downs by the Authorities, only for them to be relaxed or conveniently forgotten about a fortnight later?

Its part of the reason why the game never gets anywhere.

Imagine other, more popular sports doing that.  There would be uproar.

Maybe we should be glad that RL is such a minority sport - and therefore missed by the wider population and the media - because otherwise it would be a laughing stock.

Sad, but true.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2021 5:54 pm
Share: