Ince for Widnes ret...

Notifications
Clear all

Ince for Widnes return ?

Page 1 / 2
(@widnesvikingsr-l-f-c)

Ince could see a Widnes return as an unsettled feeling is present during his time at Leigh. Currently on loan at Oldham and rumoured to be coming back. Would you take him back after the way he left and would he get back into the team at the moment with Deon Cross in such fine form ?

Topic starter Posted : 09/03/2020 6:46 pm
(@chemic1950)

No and no!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 6:53 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Good try scorer, not a big improvement on Cross or Johnson, in fact I think that Johnson is far better- be a good option for competition- not a big prop or bench hooker, so a luxury we could do without, especially after Wembley.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 6:54 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

No chance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 7:00 pm
(@rafe-wrench)
Trusted Member

Yes defo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 7:00 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

no dummy to large

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 7:02 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Two reasons for saying no: the way he behaved and I’m not convinced he regrets anything, and more importantly we need additional players but (big) forwards should be our priority.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 7:16 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Would be a waste of funds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 7:36 pm
(@vinty-the-great)

If we can afford him, I'd take him tomorrow.  Never mind how badly he behaved,  what about how our top try scorer was treated by the last coach? Not even in the Wembley 19. If any young player ever had a reason for showing his arse, it was him. I expect stick from the people who think the club can't do wrong, but players are human, not robots. If we need him and can afford him, what happened in the past, should he left in the past.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 7:51 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Well if he on loan at Oldham, Leigh do not rate him, could reignite his career with us with Leigh paying the bill ?
not a position we are poor in though, priority is the pack

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 8:01 pm
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

Unless he has had a Harvey Howard style transformation during the off season then it's a no from me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 8:15 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I'd stick with the wingers we have now (given we also have some cover in Hatton and Buckley) and spend any spare cash on strengthening the forwards. Nothing to do with what happened between Ince and the club in the past but simply don't think wing is a priority position for signings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 8:16 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Why? Our wingers have played well this season and I am not sure that Ince would improve the squad. He made his choice and left and we have replaced him with a better player. Good luck to him wherever he goes, but at the moment we don't need him. We need a couple of decent props first to add to the squad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 8:36 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

I’d stick with the wingers we have now (given we also have some cover in Hatton and Buckley) and spend any spare cash on strengthening the forwards. Nothing to do with what happened between Ince and the club in the past but simply don’t think wing is a priority position for signings.

Agreed. To my mind, both Johnson & Cross are better wingers than him and we have cover for them without increasing our salary spend by signing a new player.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 10:11 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

A rumour that nobody has heard and will never happen. Sheens would not have someone with his attitude. Highly overrated IMO.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2020 8:01 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: