Notifications
Clear all

How good are St Helens and James Roby

(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

A carry over from the previous thread about Wire, the polar opposite are St Helens. I haven’t seen a team in a long time be as sharp as they are with their passing/moves, be as aggressive and intense in their defence and be as direct in their approach.

Love their mentality, they are well above Wigan.

Also, James Roby, what a player, I have never seen a player be as good at his age as he was at 25, he sets the tempo and without him St Helens have no edge.

Topic starter Posted : 21/11/2020 3:44 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Agreed. And whilst they have the likes of Coote, and Naiqama, there's a healthy sprinkling of homegrown talent in there as well, and they play some really nice football.

They should start as faves next week, but Walmsley's chances of playing in the GF, must only be 50/50 at  best, and that could poss be a downer for 'em. I wish him well.

Changing tack slightly, I reckon all players, and officials (both on and off the park) deserve a huge pat on the back for producing what they have done in the most trying of circumstances! FC turning up for a game at just a day's notice, was summat special! Well done everyone, and we have a campaign's climax to relish come  Friday evening!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2020 7:02 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

Walmesey would be a huge miss but don’t see them been troubled, they are like a raging machine while Wigan have 1-2 gears in them at most.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/11/2020 8:00 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

They are an excellent side. Quality throughout the team. Roby would rate in the top ten and probably top five players to have played in SL in my book.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2020 10:45 pm
Share: