Halifax Panthers?

• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 Mar 21 @ 12:26 am by Mckeeverviking.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mckeeverviking
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

When did this happen?

Ditton donkey
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

December 2020

CJ91
    • Captain
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Nothing screams Modern RL more than rebranding does it?!!

Mckeeverviking
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

it’s strange as one of the reasons I liked Halifax is they didn’t take on the silly American franchise BS 

CJ91
    • Captain
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I’m sure they will all be shouting up the Panthers from the terracing on the Shay…..

Do these names really work commercially?

Think they do for Leeds, Bradford and maybe Cas to an extent.

I mean, if you look across sport now, both mens and womens teams have an abundance of these names which I think gives them less and less resonance…..

Spike Island 90
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

I’m sure they will all be shouting up the Panthers from the terracing on the Shay….. Do these names really work commercially? Think they do for Leeds, Bradford and maybe Cas to an extent. I mean, if you look across sport now, both mens and womens teams have an abundance of these names which I think gives them less and less resonance…..

Good post, Bull or Bullmania, was great for Bulls and early SL, really increased exposure  in the Bradford region, but yes I agree, does it attract more commercial revenue? No.

I cringe when we get referred to by “Vikings”.

Ditton donkey
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

it’s strange as one of the reasons I liked Halifax is they didn’t take on the silly American franchise BS

halifax blue sox ?

James
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

I’m sure they will all be shouting up the Panthers from the terracing on the Shay….. Do these names really work commercially? Think they do for Leeds, Bradford and maybe Cas to an extent. I mean, if you look across sport now, both mens and womens teams have an abundance of these names which I think gives them less and less resonance…..

Agree with this. Don’t get it. If you were dropping the town name, then I could maybe understand it; as ultimately you’re trying to appear more fashionable to people who don’t think Halifax (or otherwise) is fashionable enough to support.

I did this a year or so ago:

Farnworth Viking
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

I think the name change has been good for Widnes, especially our younger fans. And st least our new name had something to do with Widnes.

west banker
    • New signing

I think the name change has been good for Widnes, especially our younger fans. And st least our new name had something to do with Widnes.

Call me old fashioned but I would like to see the Widnes coat of arms back on the shirt.

I fear no man.......and very few women.

Mckeeverviking
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

I agree with the coat of arms being on the jersey maybe like years ago at the back of the neck 

Back to Forum Home | Mark Topic Read  | 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.