Notifications
Clear all

Duffy Gone.

(@spelly)
Noble Member

According to the Manchester Evening News 'site, Leythers and John Duffy have parted company with immediate effect.

Not a massive shock.

Predictions for his successor?

Spelly.

Topic starter Posted : 02/06/2021 9:19 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Hard to justify either keeping him or sacking him tbh.

He was dealt a rough hand, costly no doubt and Degsy probably had to do something to make a difference.

Wonder if he will drop expensive players if nothing improves? That might not achieve wins but it would lighten Degsy's financial loss which he must be feeling by now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 10:05 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Tim Sheens?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 12:16 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Not sure what they expected of him, joining SL at the last minute with little preparation and less money.We copped loads of thrashings at the start of SL in 2012 despite having nearly a year to prepare.Then again Betts was protected by no relegation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 5:42 pm
(@magnus)
Eminent Member

I think they should be allowed to stay up regardless of their position. Give them a chance to prove themselves.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 8:07 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Andrew Henderson according to my Leyther mate. Derek splashed out a bit!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 8:22 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

I think they should be allowed to stay up regardless of their position.

Why? If Salford finish bottom, should they be allowed to stay up?

Leigh fans are counting on no relegation, but I recollect SL confirming that there would be automatic relegation for team in bottom spot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 9:22 pm
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

I think they should be allowed to stay up regardless of their position.

Why? If Salford finish bottom, should they be allowed to stay up? Leigh fans are counting on no relegation, but I recollect SL confirming that there would be automatic relegation for team in bottom spot.

Correct. Which is why the melee for replacing Toronto in SL was largely pointless. Whoever went up was probably coming back down.

That said, another U-turn wouldn't exactly be a shock would it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2021 6:25 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

Henderson met with Leigh on Wednesday afternoon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2021 11:08 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

They absolutely should not change the rules mid season. Most other sports don’t do it. Good luck to Leigh, they got dealt a bad hand due to the protectionism of the other clubs and I hope they stay up by not finishing bottom. They probably won’t but it’s certainly not all over for them yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2021 11:10 am
Share: