DUAL REGISTRATION

Page 1 / 2
(@northstander)
Trusted Member

Dual Registration with Warrington posted on Instagram

Topic starter Posted : 31/01/2020 5:14 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Feel like it was always gonna happen as long as we get some decent players in longer term than just a couple different per week it will be beneficial but only when we need them or they’re better than what we have in individual positions.

people will just have to suck it up if they really don’t like it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 5:18 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

It may be a hard pill to swallow but ....... Trust in Tim!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 5:24 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Good move, if we win the grand final with 3 Warrington players in the team you will have no complaints from me. London and Tolouse are full time, Leigh ate virtually full time so we need some kind of advantage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 5:44 pm
(@chemic1950)

Glad it's all sorted,just send us a couple of props ,would have preferred someone with bags of experience but will probably be young lads on the way up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 5:49 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

We have announced DR with Pies again, but have also gone into a partnership with the Pinks for reserve team football.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 5:53 pm
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

They probably have too many good players for their needs, lets hope we can access some of them, especially props, as has been said. OK if the trade off is we give some of their up and coming lads a game or two fair enough!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 5:54 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

To be honest any dr should help depending on the conditions - they have to play every game for instance
It could help us in the short term and build up some funds for the playoffs
Could end up with Lyon hill !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 6:15 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

im ok with it, not a massive dr fan but everyone else is using it we would be foolish not to

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 6:31 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

Widnes Vikings can confirm a dual-registration partnership with Warrington Wolves for the 2020 season.

This partnership will enable the Vikings to work with the Wolves throughout the year, including liaising and working with the Super League club’s performance team.

The partnership will also allow the movement of players to Widnes during the season on dual-registration, offering the opportunity of players receiving more game time at the Vikings under Tim Sheens.

Phil Finney, Chief Executive of Widnes Vikings says: “We are delighted to be partnering up with Warrington for this season.

“Whilst we have always carried a rivalry with them on the field, we are enhancing a strong relationship with them off it, emphasised by this partnership moving forward.

“This partnership also offers opportunities for us to take on players through dual-registration during the season that can add to the competitive squad we’ve built during the off-season.

“We see this as a hugely positive step forward for us on the eve of the new season, and is a partnership we can benefit from.

“We look forward to working with Warrington Wolves and seeing how this relationship develops throughout 2020.”

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 6:33 pm
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

With Wire running 3 teams as we are, I can't see any player worth his salt being allowed to come here if Wire have three games that week.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 7:30 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

The reserves, as has been pointed out by many, are glorified friendlies with no real structure around them (unless something has changed) so I can see us if they’ve got half decent players who need proper competitive action

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 8:08 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I don’t like the DR system but I can see why we are doing it. We need a bit of extra quality and also to be able to be cope with injuries to our numerically small squad. Wouldn’t want to see us relying on it year on year but hopefully it will help us make a genuine challenge in 2020.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 8:18 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

I don’t think we would have gone into it blindly, I would hope, with the time it’s taken to sort/announce, we’ve pushed for longer term dual reg players and not being dictated to who we must play etc

if that’s the case it will work decent for us I think

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 8:38 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

I don’t care who we DR with as long as they are a better team than us!

This makes me feel a little more confident that we might have options if the poo hits the fan with injuries!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 9:36 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: