Notifications
Clear all

Disciplinary

Page 1 / 2
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

Danny Craven (Widnes) - Grade C  Foul and Abusive language towards the Match Official - 2 Match Penalty Notice

Idiot

Topic starter Posted : 22/04/2021 2:32 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Think he’ll miss Swinton and York, so his next game (after Batley) will be Whitehaven, a month tomorrow!

At least it’ll force us to change the halves, because Craven and Smith just hasn’t worked so far

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 2:40 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Frustration at a lack of effectiveness. He had chance to shut up but didn't take it.

Down to our pack and how they respond to criticism and watching the dvd of themselves getting hammered.

Cook and Jewitt awol so just hope that Cloughy leads the youngsters to take it on, and they take their chance to show what they are made of.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 3:22 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

I think Farnworth will make a difference and you never know, Lawton may decide to play with aggression in attack and defence and show why Finnegan brought him back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 3:35 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Danny Craven (Widnes) – Grade C Foul and Abusive language towards the Match Official – 2 Match Penalty Notice Idiot

Craven has been anonymous since last year so it’s no loss whatsoever, leave him to concentrate on Twatter commenting on everything that’s Liverpool FC, he’s a real professional!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 4:35 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

SAgree re Farnworth, along with Robson and Doro, should bring some energy to the pack, hopefully controlled!

Iirc the managment courses called it forming , storming, and re- norming! We call it gelling!

Interesting to see how each player takes the opportunity to show what they can do. I must say that the effort that Tyrer made was an eye-opener.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 4:41 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

No need for Craven to do that but it gives Lyons a chance to show what he can do in a more natural position.

Smith needs to step up.

Ironically enough the best HB on the field on Saturday may well be a Widnesian playing in a Batley shirt!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 5:10 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Danny Craven (Widnes) – Grade C Foul and Abusive language towards the Match Official – 2 Match Penalty Notice Idiot

Craven has been anonymous since last year so it’s no loss whatsoever, leave him to concentrate on Twatter commenting on everything that’s Liverpool FC, he’s a real professional!

Yes, because they're not allowed to do anything else other than play part-time rugby.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 5:38 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Craven is very  experienced now yet looks to me the same player he did all those years ago in 2010 before we got into SL.No better, no worse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 7:34 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Some strange comments on here by strange people

returning to the point of the post

yes craven was stupid and has got what he deserved - case over

half backs is the next discussion, after Saturday somebody has to partner smith in the halves, one assumes lyons

saturday will be an interesting game, to see if our team can raise their game after last weeks poor performance and actually record a win yorkshire

one step at a time

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 7:34 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

I can't see our half backs bossing the game on Saturday as we seem to only have 2 props fit, Clough & Farnworth. They cannot both play  80 minutes. Baker is not big enough so will Lawton go there, or the Warrington boys?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 12:21 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

We also have Doro and Tilleke in the squad. Four props interchanging and Baker at loose forward would be the call for me. Grady and Robson in the second row and Lawton on the bench.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 6:55 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

We also have Doro and Tilleke in the squad. Four props interchanging and Baker at loose forward would be the call for me. Grady and Robson in the second row and Lawton on the bench.

Sounds like a plan!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 9:09 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Some strange comments on here by strange people returning to the point of the post yes craven was stupid and has got what he deserved – case over half backs is the next discussion.

I don't see any strange comments here.Apart from yours that is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 9:16 am
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

We also have Doro and Tilleke in the squad. Four props interchanging and Baker at loose forward would be the call for me. Grady and Robson in the second row and Lawton on the bench.[/quot

I did not see Tilleke & forgot about Doro! A senior moment!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 12:36 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: