Covid Vaccine - Yay...

Notifications
Clear all

Covid Vaccine - Yay or Nay?

Page 1 / 5
(@steve-mcdonald)
Trusted Member

First vaccine approved this morning and finally a light at the end of the tunnel for a return to some sort of normality?

Seems a lot of people on social media are concerned about having it.

Would you?

I’ll be way down the pecking order given my age, but would have no qualms in having it.

Topic starter Posted : 02/12/2020 9:06 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Not for me unless airlines make  it mandatory for flying.No choice then if you want a holiday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2020 9:41 am
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

No chance, aside from my whole scepticism of the covid thing, treating a zoonotic virus by genetically alternating cells from another animal and injecting them into people seems like asking for more trouble

Especially when anti-virus manufacturers are completely exempt from any liability

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2020 10:05 am
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

No chance, aside from my whole scepticism of the covid thing, treating a zoonotic virus by genetically alternating cells from another animal and injecting them into people seems like asking for more trouble Especially when anti-virus manufacturers are completely exempt from any liability

Is this based on your years of medical training? Which part of the "Covid thing" are you sceptical of?

Who would have thought we wouldn't have gotten rid of it by now with attitudes like this...

Some of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds are absolutely mental, and usually spread by the people who would give out all of their details for a chance to win a free 10p mix. The mind boggles.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2020 3:56 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

I'll be there for the jab as soon as I can!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2020 5:13 pm
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

Might take a while to get around to the likes of me but I'll be getting one. You might have to if you want your life back to normal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2020 10:51 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I’ve already had Covid so I’m not sure there is any short-term benefit to me having a vaccine. It’s unclear at the moment how long naturally produced antibodies create immunity for and also unclear how long the vaccines will.

So I’m on the fence, if I hadn’t had the virus I would be happy enough to have the vaccine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2020 10:46 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Is this based on your years of medical training? Which part of the “Covid thing” are you sceptical of? Who would have thought we wouldn’t have gotten rid of it by now with attitudes like this

So you have to be qualified to have an opinion about anything ? In that case the only  people allowed to vote in a general election should be those with degrees in politics and economics.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2020 11:13 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

No chance, aside from my whole scepticism of the covid thing, treating a zoonotic virus by genetically alternating cells from another animal and injecting them into people seems like asking for more trouble Especially when anti-virus manufacturers are completely exempt from any liability

Is this based on your years of medical training? Which part of the “Covid thing” are you sceptical of? Who would have thought we wouldn’t have gotten rid of it by now with attitudes like this… Some of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds are absolutely mental, and usually spread by the people who would give out all of their details for a chance to win a free 10p mix. The mind boggles.

Im sceptical of a few things, the policies that have been put in place that have , according to the ONS caused nearly as many deaths due to lack of treatments and diagnosis as have been attributed to the virus plus untold hardship and damage to business, people and society as a whole

For a virus that is apparently so deadly to all that you need a test to show that you have or may have had it, one that medical professionals with years of training cant actually confirm people died of so they are classified as "with it" or may have had it, the average age of whom are 80 plus years old with at least one significant co-morbity

Based on test that the manufactures state should not be used for that purpose and the government admit is unreliable, a test for disease that is such a rampant killer that a "positive" is indicated by finding a minute trace of a protein so insignificant that it has to be amplified at least 37 times in a lab

For a virus that Chris Whitty has stated on at least 3 occasions on the government briefings that  " a significant portion of people will not get the virus at all at any point in the epidemic which will go on for a long period of time ,of those that do some of them will get the virus without even knowing it, of those who get symptoms 80% will have mild or moderate effects, an unfortunate minority will have to got to hospital, the majority of whom will need oxygen and then leave, a minority will have to go to critical care and some of them will die"

so i think ill forgo having a rushed vaccine that is composed of genetically modified monkey cells injected into to my body, who's aim is to trick your own body into mutating cells to produce a protein for a virus that Mr Whitty constantly states is harmless to the vast majority of the population

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2020 11:06 pm
(@ratboy)
Reputable Member

I would be happy to take it and especially if controls the spread and to bring back normality in life. MT did you have minor symptoms of Covid? Everyone I know who has had it has had minor symptoms and see it like a normal flu bug.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2020 4:27 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

It's a YAY from me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2020 12:17 pm
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

If we knew that we would not have to have repeats every few months it would be a NO but if it was an annual or longer a YES.   I am sure that will be sorted out sooner than later.   Time will tell.   In the meantime well done to all who have worked to produce this vaccine so quickly.    Next job is on CANCER.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2020 3:57 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I would be happy to take it and especially if controls the spread and to bring back normality in life. MT did you have minor symptoms of Covid? Everyone I know who has had it has had minor symptoms and see it like a normal flu bug.

I had proper flu once about 15 years ago. For me Covid was nowhere near as bad. I just had cold symptoms and felt a bit tired for about a week. I wouldn’t even have known it was Covid if I hadn’t take an antibody test a few weeks later. But then I’m not in a high risk category. I have had friends who have had it with worse symptoms but none have been seriously ill. I do appreciate it is dangerous for a significant minority.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2020 9:27 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Defo yes from me!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2020 10:19 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Yes from me as well. If you’d rather run the risk of catching covid and being seriously ill in hospital or dying, that’s your choice, but I would think the risk of being ill after having the vaccine is a LOT smaller than not having it and being seriously ill with Covid.

If people had thought that they wouldn’t take any new vaccine in case it wasn’t safe, imagine how many more dangerous illnesses/deaths we would have had over the years.
Also it hasn’t been proved yet, that those people who have had Covid can’t get it again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2020 12:06 am
Page 1 / 5
Share: