Castleford game

• This topic has 41 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 12 Jan 20 @ 8:58 pm by Former Chemic.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Steve McDonald
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

Just noticed Cas fans will be in the North Stand & Widnes fans in the South?

Seems odd. Can’t see any more than 100 Cas fans coming over.

Widnes_78
    • New signing

I thought all fans would be in the south like last year against NWC

Rafe Wrench
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

If I can’t sit in the north stand I’m never going to another game. And demanding a refund on my season ticket! 😂

Can’t see that being rigidly enforced can you? Cas fans are pretty fair and nice to chat to, and we’re unlikely to see them in the league for a while.

Frank Machin
    • New signing

You were a Cas fan once, weren’t you?

Richard Richard
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

I thought only the south stand would be open for this..

Dan1
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

I didn’t read it that way, I read as South and North stands both open, Cas fans directed to the North and Widnes in both North and South stands. They won’t open the whole North stand for a few hundred Cas fans.

Just the South for North Wales makes sense as they don’t have any fans and a game against a NL1 side isn’t a big draw. But Cas are a SL side and have a decent following so makes sense. The reason for directing them to the North rather than South as in previous years is you can now pay cash on the gate in the North so makes it easier for them to get in as no advanced away tickets.

Ringo Bells
    • Kemik’s Assistant
    • ☆☆

I didn’t read it that way, I read as South and North stands both open, Cas fans directed to the North and Widnes in both North and South stands. They won’t open the whole North stand for a few hundred Cas fans.

Just the South for North Wales makes sense as they don’t have any fans and a game against a NL1 side isn’t a big draw. But Cas are a SL side and have a decent following so makes sense. The reason for directing them to the North rather than South as in previous years is you can now pay cash on the gate in the North so makes it easier for them to get in as no advanced away tickets.

I just tried buying on the website and you can only buy in the South stand. It asks for a code if you are an away supporter which I guess may open up the option to buy in the North stand.

sandgroper
    • Captain
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Seats are allocated rather than open, and in the South stand. Bought ours weeks ago and the allocation seemed a bit OTT then!

James
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

Seems a bit strange, unless they’re expecting a load from Cas (seems unlikely, especially as they have Toronto at home next week).

Steve McDonald
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

The initial release from the club did say that only the South Stand would be open, but the second says Cas fans will be in the North.

If the North is open, I’d prefer to sit there.

Former Chemic
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

It is odd. Tigers fans are being told that they can use North Stand cash turnstiles from 1.30pm

Viking25
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

Sounds as if Castleford won’t be bringing a first team squad either, which is disappointing.

Richard Richard
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

Just looked on the cas forum seems they are playing kids and fringe players and saving the first team for Toronto next week.

geoffw
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

Looking forward to my first rugby of 2020.

Steve
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

Best take full winter woolies then – always freezing in that South stand!

These opinions are my own, sometimes.

Back to Forum Home | Mark Topic Read  | 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.