Notifications
Clear all

Castleford game

Page 1 / 3
(@steve-mcdonald)
Trusted Member

Just noticed Cas fans will be in the North Stand & Widnes fans in the South?

Seems odd. Can't see any more than 100 Cas fans coming over.

Topic starter Posted : 06/01/2020 4:29 pm
(@widnes_78)
Eminent Member

I thought all fans would be in the south like last year against NWC

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 6:16 pm
(@rafe-wrench)
Trusted Member

If I can't sit in the north stand I'm never going to another game. And demanding a refund on my season ticket! 😂

Can't see that being rigidly enforced can you? Cas fans are pretty fair and nice to chat to, and we're unlikely to see them in the league for a while.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 7:55 pm
(@frank-machin)

You were a Cas fan once, weren’t you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 8:33 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

I didn't read it that way, I read as South and North stands both open, Cas fans directed to the North and Widnes in both North and South stands. They won't open the whole North stand for a few hundred Cas fans.

Just the South for North Wales makes sense as they don't have any fans and a game against a NL1 side isn't a big draw. But Cas are a SL side and have a decent following so makes sense. The reason for directing them to the North rather than South as in previous years is you can now pay cash on the gate in the North so makes it easier for them to get in as no advanced away tickets.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 11:44 am
(@ringo-bells)
Trusted Member

I didn’t read it that way, I read as South and North stands both open, Cas fans directed to the North and Widnes in both North and South stands. They won’t open the whole North stand for a few hundred Cas fans.

Just the South for North Wales makes sense as they don’t have any fans and a game against a NL1 side isn’t a big draw. But Cas are a SL side and have a decent following so makes sense. The reason for directing them to the North rather than South as in previous years is you can now pay cash on the gate in the North so makes it easier for them to get in as no advanced away tickets.

I just tried buying on the website and you can only buy in the South stand. It asks for a code if you are an away supporter which I guess may open up the option to buy in the North stand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 1:50 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Seats are allocated rather than open, and in the South stand. Bought ours weeks ago and the allocation seemed a bit OTT then!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 8:42 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Seems a bit strange, unless they're expecting a load from Cas (seems unlikely, especially as they have Toronto at home next week).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 9:07 pm
(@steve-mcdonald)
Trusted Member

The initial release from the club did say that only the South Stand would be open, but the second says Cas fans will be in the North.

If the North is open, I'd prefer to sit there.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/01/2020 10:04 am
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

It is odd. Tigers fans are being told that they can use North Stand cash turnstiles from 1.30pm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2020 11:32 am
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Sounds as if Castleford won't be bringing a first team squad either, which is disappointing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2020 1:10 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Looking forward to my first rugby of 2020.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2020 9:16 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Best take full winter woolies then - always freezing in that South stand!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2020 11:50 pm
(@chemic1950)

Just picked up tickets at stadium ,Vikings was told originally by council only South stand would be open they have since told Vikings that north stand would also be open,as Vikings had already sold a lot of tickets for south stand it was decided to offer the North stand to Castleford fans

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 2:04 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Looking at the squad we are very close to a full strength side with only Grady (I think) not playing from our numbers 1-17. If Cas do field a fair few youngsters we’d be expecting to win this game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2020 12:31 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: