Notifications
Clear all

Cas v Saints ------------

(@spelly)
Noble Member

------------ on Wednesday, has been cancelled, as the hosts can't raise a seventeen man squad, with their (now non) opponents being awarded a 24-0 win, also..................

Six players involved in the Pinks v Leeds game yesterday, have been given bans, as a result of the brawl.

Spelly.

Topic starter Posted : 28/06/2021 8:07 pm
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

The BBC says "the threshold for a Covid-19 postponement has not been met". Not sure what that threshold is but seems odd they can't throw a team together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2021 7:20 am
(@spelly)
Noble Member

The BBC says “the threshold for a Covid-19 postponement has not been met”. Not sure what that threshold is but seems odd they can’t throw a team together.

I can guarantee you that they won't have a similar problem a fortnight on Saturday!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/06/2021 7:48 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

The BBC says “the threshold for a Covid-19 postponement has not been met”. Not sure what that threshold is but seems odd they can’t throw a team together.

If you read the press release you'll get the answers to both these questions.

Academies are getting shut down for 10 days at a time regularly at the minute, it's inevitable with players being in high school/college that they'll get it.  There needs to be thought medium to long term as players will catch Covid going forward and we can't keep shutting down/cancelling games everytime it happens.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2021 8:14 am
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

If you read the press release you’ll get the answers to both these questions. Academies are getting shut down for 10 days at a time regularly at the minute, it’s inevitable with players being in high school/college that they’ll get it. There needs to be thought medium to long term as players will catch Covid going forward and we can’t keep shutting down/cancelling games everytime it happens.

Why can’t we keep cancelling games ? I’d say people avoiding serious illness or death is ad bit more important than a game of rugby.

Hopefully progress on vaccines will mean the need will disappear sooner rather than later but until then it makes the most sense to cancel games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2021 8:49 am
(@spelly)
Noble Member

A Cas fan has posted on RL Fans that 17 are on the injury list (I think we have 10) and their entire Academy squad is in isolation.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/06/2021 9:43 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

Why can’t we keep cancelling games ? I’d say people avoiding serious illness or death is ad bit more important than a game of rugby. Hopefully progress on vaccines will mean the need will disappear sooner rather than later but until then it makes the most sense to cancel games.

So basically you're agreeing with me? I said medium to long term.  Players will test positive in the future and we can't keep cancelling games everytime they do because the virus will be in general circulation for a long time now if not forever.  Likewise people in work/schools etc. Of course they need to safeguard the risk but having been involved in the sport this year when things are getting shut down and opened back up again at short notice it's not sustainable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2021 10:47 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

If the World Cup is cancelled, why can't the season be extended to enable any outstanding games to be played?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2021 6:54 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Why can’t we keep cancelling games ? I’d say people avoiding serious illness or death is ad bit more important than a game of rugby. Hopefully progress on vaccines will mean the need will disappear sooner rather than later but until then it makes the most sense to cancel games.

So basically you’re agreeing with me? I said medium to long term. Players will test positive in the future and we can’t keep cancelling games everytime they do because the virus will be in general circulation for a long time now if not forever. Likewise people in work/schools etc. Of course they need to safeguard the risk but having been involved in the sport this year when things are getting shut down and opened back up again at short notice it’s not sustainable.

No, I wasn’t agreeing with you - but that’s ok, the board is about opinions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2021 10:05 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

If the World Cup is cancelled, why can’t the season be extended to enable any outstanding games to be played?

Because the Grand Final is fixed in date at Old Trafford.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2021 9:27 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

If the World Cup is cancelled, why can’t the season be extended to enable any outstanding games to be played?

Because the Grand Final is fixed in date at Old Trafford.

Thanks James - never thought of that. Let's hope we are not in another lockdown on 9 October.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2021 10:31 am
Share: