Posted : 22/08/2021 4:22 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

What did it look like ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/08/2021 4:22 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Ok thanks. I have not risked it so far this year. Not even picked up my season ticket as live outside Widnes.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/08/2021 4:24 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

You could sit on your own easily if you wanted to. Loads of room in both stands.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 4:26 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Quite a few from Halifax, noticed when I was going into the turnstiles some of the barcodes weren't working so perhaps unable to give an accurate attendance anyway.

The North Stand as viewed from the South was as empty as I have seen it for a League game though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 4:35 pm
 tosh
(@tosh)
Trusted Member

<p style="text-align: left;">From the north stand there seemed to be more fax to the left than our lot to the right</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 5:02 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

It was worth the effort today!

First time we have had anything like a vocal support!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 5:12 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

There were a lot of Halifax fans in the south stand, who were quite loud in the first half, but didn’t hear them very much in the second🙄. I think there were slightly more people there today than the last home game against Batley.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 5:31 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

No attendances announced all season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 7:08 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

I’d say 1,300 with 300 Halifax fans.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 7:15 pm
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

A lot of thorough work needs to be done on working out why our fan base has dropped so much, and I dont mean giving a survey to a select few people or doing a survey monkey type thing. We need to be learning what works well and getting out there to see what people want. We've got to get bums on seats and build a relationship with the people of Widnes. I know they've had a good team this year, which helps, but the constant banging of the drum from Fev on their social media is something to look at.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 8:30 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

A lot of thorough work needs to be done on working out why our fan base has dropped so much.

Not really.Piss poor performances and results since 2016.Simple.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 9:51 pm
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

A lot of thorough work needs to be done on working out why our fan base has dropped so much.

Not really.Piss poor performances and results since 2016.Simple.

To a point.

We've had better attendances with worse teams.

I thought with all of the moaning about non season ticket holders not getting into early games, that we had hundreds of fans eager to grab a ticket. Maybe those complaining were the only ones who wanted a ticket. Widnes fans (not talking about casual fans) haven’t returned like I thought. We’ve always had a core of about 2500 home fans who were there for the long term.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2021 10:03 pm
Page 1 / 6
Share: