Notifications
Clear all

Adam Tangata

Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Wakey are set to sign Andrew Fifita and need to free up a quota space so Tangata could be available.  Could/would/should we sign him. If we have the funds and he wanted to come we could do with another tough forward.

In other news I see PAV has just signed for North Wales.

Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2021 7:05 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Tangata sounds like cert for Leigh!

Can't see him wanting to return tbh unless nobody else is interested. He didn't look that effective when he was on tv games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2021 8:38 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Can he play hooker???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2021 9:04 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

He'll end up back at Fax.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2021 10:28 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Probably still lives there so it makes sense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2021 10:48 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Why would he come back here to go PT when he left Fax to go FT?

Not that he wouldn't be welcome!

Not telling me PAV isn't as good or better than most of our current wing options though?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2021 5:10 pm
(@erik-the-red)
Estimable Member

TBH when I saw that PAV had signed for N WALES, I thought exactly the same thing!  He made it clear that he had enjoyed his time at Widnes and his record of tries for us speaks for itself 95 tries in 123 games across two spells.......very confusing to me (and in more competitive leagues).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2021 7:09 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member
  1. We don't have unlimited funds but for me I see Hatton developing into potentially a top class centre rather than a winger.  Johnson a proven try scorer has departed, so for me PAV and Cross on the wings with Hatton and Tyrer in the centres would be first choice.
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/04/2021 7:36 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Or Hatton playing alongside an experienced centre for a season?

I can see the attraction of PAV but how many of us seeing him scoring from our 20 metre line? He would be a one year signing at his age and how many of those do we have already?

We need to develop the youngsters that we have as the core of next year's team. We will need to sign more forward power again next year, with luck fewer than this year depending on how many of our kids we can retain.

I am looking forward to seeing Hatton alongside Tyrer and Grady on our left edge. Our right side needs to learn and quickly, and I guess that SF already knows that.

Our pack will be our injury prone area and already needs a new hooker, we need to try something to get some urgency from Adam Lawton. Despite his size and ability he is very like the twins and doesn't use his weight and pace to best advantage. If he did he might not be playing for us!

I am hoping that a half decent hooker will set our attack right. Lyons and Else are typical of what our club is built on good kids with a passion for the club, please don't get them battered out of position for much longer. In a way I agree with SF when he says that playing in another position expands their experience but there is a limit. Else, for me, shows real sharpness and he may mature into a hooker. Joey has a good passing game that Inu and Deano etc recognised early and we might need that if Smith gets injured. Shifting Owens from his position was forced upon us, but it didn't work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2021 8:30 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Get what you are saying about speed, but besides Cross do any of our wingers have a lot of speed?

PAV has size and experience, good finisher.

But in terms of what has been put in place before the season, we have quite a lot of wingers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 5:14 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

Tangata has signed for Halifax, confirmed tonight at 5.30pm

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 7:24 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Halifax coach Grix said 6 clubs offered him a contract and Halifax's was the lowest but he wanted to play for his former club.

It would be interesting to know if Widnes was one of the 6 from a strategy point of view. Are we just  looking at young SL reserve players on 1 month loans or also senior pros from the bottom end of SL?

Fax makes sense if it was 6 Championship clubs, another club could of offered slightly more money but travelling time could have cancelled that out and he obviously likes playing for the club. It was always a stretch given we previously released him, he's Yorkshire based and we could only offer him a part time deal.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/04/2021 11:52 am
Share: