A long time coming

Notifications
Clear all

A long time coming

(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Can’t wait to get back in the ground tomorrow. It’s been a while. Not gonna be the same as usual but hopefully the fans can give these players a lift. Despite all our bickering on here one things for certain we all have the same common interest.

Topic starter Posted : 23/05/2021 1:08 am
(@come-on)

<p style="text-align: center;">

Can’t wait to get back in the ground tomorrow. It’s been a while. Not gonna be the same as usual but hopefully the fans can give these players a lift. Despite all our bickering on here one things for certain we all have the same common interest.

Well Said  Really Enjoyed Being Able To Go To The Match Today . Think Fans Being There Gave The Players A Massive Lift . That Dummy Danny Craven Threw For His Try Was Worth The Admission Money On Its Own  ( To Coin A Phrase ). Some Really Encouraging Signs Right Across The Field As Well</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 5:41 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Yes Craven sold a couple of humongous dummies in that game and was probably on the verge of getting a good old old fashioned stiff arm had he done them again! 😂

Today wasn’t the prettiest, the most exciting or the most free flowing game of rugby we’ll ever see, but I’m hopeful that we can see some confidence grow now as they know the fans will get behind them if they try. Pity Finnegan wasn’t on the pitch applauding fans at the end as it would’ve done him some good!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 9:09 pm
(@ringo-bells)
Trusted Member

A good win today, they did the hard work in the first half playing into that wind (howling gale!) by keeping field position and limiting Haven to only a few sets near our line. Second half I felt we could score plenty of points and probably should have had more.

I can't remember being that cold at a match for a long time!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2021 9:52 am
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

It was a good performance. Need to kick on now, another good win next week and we’ll be edging towards the play off spots!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/05/2021 10:01 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

If we can produce the level of performance of our last two home games we should beat Oldham. Suspect it will be a tougher game than Sunday as we tend to play better on our own park.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2021 10:17 am
(@ringo-bells)
Trusted Member

Agree MT, but I think we have shown that we are a decent side with a full complement of forwards, hopefully they are all fit again next week and if so then I think we will win.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2021 11:06 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I agree we should be able to win, it’s a massive difference when you have enough forwards to spell the props properly. And players coming off the bench making a proper impact.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2021 11:18 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Good win yesterday in the circumstances. As already mentioned, what a difference having  decent bench makes.  Whitehaven have beaten Oldham and Newcastle this year and ran Bradford and Dewsbury close, with two hammerings against the best two teams in the competition, Toulouse and Featherstone. Not a bad result on that basis. We defended well and played some good rugby.

Makes a change having positive posts about the game, rather than the weekly rants to sack the coach ; the players are a disgrace and totally unfit; and how the Chief Executive and the Board don't know what they are doing!!!!

We should be good enough to beat Oldham, with a similar performance and then have two home games in the league, against London and Sheffield. Could we hope for three wins?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2021 11:48 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Play as well as we played on Sunday or better and it certainly isn't out of the question. Probably need to win all 3 if we are to consider the play offs a realistic proposition after our bad start to the season. The question is can we put a string of performances together? Hoping so without being over confident just yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2021 11:58 am
(@the-vicar)
Estimable Member

A good win and agree with you MT having a stronger bench made a difference , long may it continue.

The Vicar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2021 4:04 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Good solid bench but I would say require further depth in the forwards to keep the consistency. Possibly a few loans from Super league, oh wait Warrington take them back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2021 3:17 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Pity Finnegan wasn’t on the pitch applauding fans at the end as it would’ve done him some good!

Or the mark of a coach letting his players get the applause? He was very appreciative of our input in his after match interview.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2021 4:48 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Good solid bench but I would say require further depth in the forwards to keep the consistency. Possibly a few loans from Super league, oh wait Warrington take them back.

Or the players get banned or get asked to go back so they can train more elsewhere...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2021 2:06 pm
Share: