A Blast from the Pa...

Notifications
Clear all

A Blast from the Past?

(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Interesting comment in the League Express that Kenny Baker had taken the SL clause out of his contract to commit himself to the club.

Great individual with his own mind!

Topic starter Posted : 23/08/2021 8:52 am
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Interesting comment in the League Express that Kenny Baker had taken the SL clause out of his contract to commit himself to the club. Great individual with his own mind!

Wonderful to know this. I though his interview on the club site showed how settled he is with us and his desire to be a part of our future.

I'm looking forward to when he is back at LF backing up breaks by our props and second rowers, causing havoc to our opponents "middles."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 9:01 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

If we ever fancied a change of captain then I reckon he would be an excellent choice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 9:59 am
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Seconded MT. And without that added responsibility it would let Jack play an even better game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 10:31 am
Gofyn
(@gofyn)
Estimable Member

The culture at North Wales Crusaders is amazing. There are others just like Baker

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 8:04 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Hopefully any players at North Wales as good as Baker are very much on our radar!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 9:35 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

What appeals to me is that he conforms with the original RL format, rugby is a game, not your prime means of support.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/08/2021 9:59 pm
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

The culture at North Wales Crusaders is amazing. There are others just like Baker

I follow the crusaders quite closely

They got nearly 800 for a home game the other week at Colwyn bay and are working very closely with community clubs in North Wales

Our former player Anthony Murray is at the helm and he has brought in some outstanding young amature players and indeed a few players released by academy teams

Rather than raid the crusaders we should allow them to develop

We have recruited our own players of excellence like Lewis hulme and will tilleke and there will be others to pick up.

North Wales had an excellent win up at Workington, a team who have also signed a lot of local amatures.

I'd love to see north Wales continue at Colwyn bay as it seems to be an ideal location

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2021 10:04 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Maybe a place to loan our young players to, to gain experience?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/08/2021 7:53 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Might be an avenue to explore early next season before too many injuries kick in though still not we will have that many players outside the match day squad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2021 9:15 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

True, we wont know where anyone is until the RFL resolve the funding issue. There are signs that some SL clubs are trimming their organisations.

Our youngsters , when called, seem to come up to the mark, just think that the likes of Hill might have benefitted from some game time. It is difficult though when the squad is so small in number.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/08/2021 10:29 am
Share: