Notifications
Clear all

2022 wishlist

Page 1 / 7
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

in light of comments from Monday that we could potentially look to recruit players with championship experience for 2022 n most likely in the forwards  ..which tbh I agree with as our SL dropout signings have been nothing short of disastrous imo...who are names people think would be good shouts and additions for 2022...I know mullally has been rumoured (not sure how credible or if any truth in it )....but as far as people that may meet that criteria who in an ideal world would be a good fit ....I know one name being banded was gavin Bennion who tbh i have no idea what he's doing at rochdale .....dupree at Oldham another under same bracket ...but whose stood out in the opposition ...its quite evident were crying out for a horrible bunch of forwards and there's an old saying that your backline is only as good as the forwards that get them up the pitch ....i know before anyone says we cant pick n choose ..just curious on who youd like to see us target...so yeah fire away 

Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2021 10:19 pm
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

I’ve heard it’s not to far off we will hear about some more recruitment news some of which haven’t been mentioned before.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2021 10:52 pm
(@viking123)
Trusted Member

Amor is a done deal

Chapelhows supposed to be coming back

In talks with mullally but he is demanding big money

Cross is going salford

Lawton is going to leigh

I would be trying to get bennion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2021 11:07 pm
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

I heard when amor leaves saints he was going to haven ....wouldnt go near the chapelhows..promoted the club well but already proven they have a massive lack of grunt ....mullally is probably just fantasy tbh although would welcome him with open arms lol...Bennion is a strange one ...massive unit...was one of the leagues stand out props in 2019 even at Swinton..n then lands at rochdale...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2021 11:19 pm
 JJ65
(@richard-richard)
Reputable Member

Amor is a done deal Chapelhows supposed to be coming back In talks with mullally but he is demanding big money Cross is going salford Lawton is going to leigh I would be trying to get bennion

If the twins are coming back the club must have money to throw down the toilet 🚻

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 10:22 am
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

It was mentioned on Monday by PF that the club had almost finished the recruitment for 2022. No mention who they were or when they will be announced that I heard.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 10:30 am
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

That was said, really hope we have managed to keep hold of Lawton.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 12:43 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Amor would be good, Chapelhows would probably still be here if it wasn't for Ottawa (like Wilde), at least they are likely to play most games.

Would personally like to see a hooker, winger and scrum half too; in addition to the forwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 12:52 pm
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

..which tbh I agree with as our SL dropout signings have been nothing short of disastrous imo…  

A bit harsh. Cook has been ok. Clough has been superb. Smith took a bit to get going but has done well recently. The Tomkins situation is very unfortunate and something I would think is beyond his control. Jewitt? God knows - maybe God doesn't know.

I think getting players that are used to the Championship level is the right thing to do, but that doesn't mean we should rule out SL players. Its all about getting the right balance in the squad and getting players with a bang on attitude.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 1:25 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

If Cross goes to Salford I would have Johnson back from Newcastle on the wing. A scrum half, a hooker and 3 props plus Wilde in the 2nd row.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 1:27 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

Ryan Ince

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 2:29 pm
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Maybe bit  harsh but .....Tompkins is reportedly the clubs highest earner n hasn't played a single game....jewitt (signed from barrow)has played once I think....cook has missed more than he's played....clough I'd imagine the same ...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2021 2:30 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Do any of us know how quick our youngsters are? They have been retained this year and have played when asked but never on the wing. Hatton is a potential centre.

Spedding is well worth his place for his pace alone.

Looking at the social media rumours and we might just be worrying about nothing, we might just be jettisoned!!!!! The situation is dire and there doesn't look like a quick decision will be made. If the game contracts to SL and precious little else it will die or just continue as amateur in heartland towns.

I wouldn't be bothered trekking to Saints or Wire, probably watching NRL on TV . I suspect that the RFL think that supporters will remain and change allegiance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 2:43 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

“…..Tompkins is reportedly the clubs highest earner and hasn’t played a single game….”

So far as paying him whilst he is long-term injured, wouldn’t  that be covered by an insurance policy?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 3:06 pm
(@vikingkev)
Trusted Member

“…..Tompkins is reportedly the clubs highest earner and hasn’t played a single game….” So far as paying him whilst he is long-term injured, wouldn’t that be covered by an insurance policy?

from what i have been told both Tompkins and indeed Jewitt are being paid through the furlough scheme and will be up until it’s end

This is a huge bone of contention as both are regularly mentioned as “drains on the clubs coffers” but actually are not

However despite requests to clarify this through the media channels this has never been fed back to the fans

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2021 3:26 pm
Page 1 / 7
Share: