Notifications
Clear all

Leigh Centurians 2021

Page 2 / 2
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

Just had a quick look and there’s something about ‘no insolvency issues since 1/1/18’ so I guess that would have ruled us out anyway

With my *Conspiracy* hat on – that date was probably chosen to exclude us…….

But allows Leigh in by a month or so...

London are out on ground capacity as their stadium only hold 4000 and requirement is 5000

Halifax are out on attendance criteria

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2020 12:23 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

The so called 'big league' eh, with minimum ground capacity of 5000 ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2020 12:25 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Plus Bratfud had been in Admin and in Liquidation by then!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2020 1:05 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

I'll bet Bob Hunter from TWP is keeping a close eye on this process and comparing what value the selected club will provide for SL above that offered by TWP. Typical RL, the whole thing will develop into a farce whoever they select. As someone has said, they will probably make a choice and then shape the selection criteria to fit that choice.

They would have been better just selecting Toulouse,  on the basis that they have proved their playing credentials and there is potential for increased crowds in SL. No doubt they will be looking to match Catalans in this respect. It would also meet the expansionist plan in Europe - that is assuming that they have a plan!

Perhaps Widnes are better off not being part of the selection circus.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2020 1:15 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Consolidate is the way to go. If the fears of a loss of income to the game from sponsors turn out to be true the SL might come back to us!

Then again the French Elite league seems to be gathering momentum and that could provide Cats and Toulouse a ready home.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2020 1:33 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Not sure being in admin rules us out and ground capacity can be extended as long as 5000 by season start.

also relegation if bottom

some clarity now, so I would not bother, guaranteed to go down and team from championship coming up will be in far better place

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2020 3:18 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: