Notifications
Clear all

Fixtures 2021

Page 2 / 3
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

What should possibly be considered is the RFL plans a season that just covers home and away fixtures against all the teams in the league.

Perhaps they say that the season will begin in May and end in November and that - if necessary - fixtures will be played ‘behind closed doors’ or with restricted attendances.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2021 10:49 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

What should possibly be considered is the RFL plans a season that just covers home and away fixtures against all the teams in the league. Perhaps they say that the season will begin in May and end in November and that – if necessary – fixtures will be played ‘behind closed doors’ or with restricted attendances.

Come on, this is RFL and that suggestion is far too sensible!!!

I do wonder whether Championship clubs can afford to play behind closed doors, in addition to any testing costs that may still be required.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2021 3:17 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Understand where you are coming from, but 1963 and 2004 would involve teams that are either in SL, L1 or defunct

strange for me to say but give the RFL a chance here, the fixture structure is not simple - see people quoting the extra 4 , work out the 9 home and away first !
answers on a postcard please

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/01/2021 3:36 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Each team will play 9 teams twice and 4 teams once, depending on which position they finished in 2019 season. So with Widnes finishing that year near the bottom, we should only play the top 4 clubs once.[/quot

dont understand how you come to that conclusion - can you elaborate ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/01/2021 2:17 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

If we’re only playing 4 teams once, based on 2019 season finishing positions. Seeing as Widnes finished 11th, I would have thought the 4 teams we play once, will be the 4 teams that finished the furthest away from us, ie the top 4 clubs, but seeing as Leigh have gone to SL, and Toronto going bust and no one has come down, it will be, Toulouse, York, Featherstone and Bradford.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2021 8:34 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Be interesting to see how Toulouse fit in to all this. Given Catalans are seriously contemplating being based full time in UK for first few months of season, where does that leave Toulouse?

Likewise, the part-time players' employers are hardly going to be happy with people travelling to France and coming back, with potential quarantine restrictions and the risk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2021 9:33 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

If we’re only playing 4 teams once, based on 2019 season finishing positions. Seeing as Widnes finished 11th, I would have thought the 4 teams we play once, will be the 4 teams that finished the furthest away from us, ie the top 4 clubs, but seeing as Leigh have gone to SL, and Toronto going bust and no one has come down, it will be, Toulouse, York, Featherstone and Bradford.

It isn’t as simple as that, if only it was - applying that logic and going up the table 10th play 3,2,1 and 14 once

when you get to 6th place they play 13,12,11, 10 once - but we as 11th team were playing them twice ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2021 6:44 am
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Are the fixtures out Friday ?
can’t wait, get on with some rugby news

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/02/2021 8:15 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Sunday I've read for the fixture list.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2021 4:29 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

That would be good to see them, Sunday seems a strange day though !
and I assume there will be no news on ST until after that announcement

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/02/2021 5:04 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Sunday probably done to coincide with League Express newspaper going out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2021 8:27 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

We play West Wales Away in the cup

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 5:08 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

West Wales away in the cup

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 5:13 pm
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

West Wales away in the cup

Second round - Whitehaven or Dewsbury at Home

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 5:19 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

<p style="text-align: left;">Now that the new fixtures are out, can someone explain why the RFL aren’t able to make what seems like very simple plans to me for a home game, away game, home, away and so on?</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">Obviously there will be a couple of blank dates for cup games but are there any other obvious reasons I’m missing?</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2021 4:12 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: