Championship bettin...

Notifications
Clear all

Championship betting for Season 2023

Page 2 / 2
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

@jdgsport how many of the current squad wants to play full time rugby? I’d say we need to be a full time pro team to have the desire to gain promotion as half the players would be looking for a new job. Unless the club has implemented a big bonus for final position in the league

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2023 2:26 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

With Leigh gone and no other team as strong it should be a more competitive league this season. The majority of sides will fancy their chances for the play-odds. I think Fev have recruited well enough to finish top. I’ll go for Toulouse, Halifax, ourselves and Bradford to complete the six. Batley and Barrow have lost key players but along with Keighley will not be far off the playoffs. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2023 9:48 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Everything looks to be on-song and the comments of Edge suggest that they have developed some tactical options etc. Good when a youngster wants to test himself!

It is an interesting point regarding who wants to be a full timer! JJ has tried that and eventually realised that all that glitters isn't gold! Stability in life is worth a lot, particularly if big contracts aren't leading to where you want to be! He could be a revelation alongside Fozzard!

I always got the impression that he was frustrated at Hull and not allowed to play his own game. His performance against Leigh in the 1895 Semi shows that he has vision, and playing alongside the ex-Academy products Craven, Owens etc.

Time to give them their heads maybe!? I can't see JK wanting it to fail so he must have confidence in the squad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2023 10:32 am
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Although it's just a pre-season friendly, I can't wait until next Sunday to see how the team perform.

It's a good opportunity to see if they can work together and try out some new tactics.

Having looked at the other Championship sides, I'm confident enough to have bet some of my limited cash on a play-off place this season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2023 11:25 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @martin

I’m hoping as always for a good season and expecting us to finish in the top four.At 16/1 that’s quite an attractive bet but I feel the first four games as said above will be the make and break of our season. Won the first four last season😁😁

Save your money Martin the 16/1 odds are for a grand final win.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2023 1:07 pm
Martin reacted
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

If this squad get to the GF then they will win it.

'If' is a big word.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2023 2:52 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Based on overall performance of the squad that JK put out on Sunday against an admittedly poor Rochdale, I will be very surprised we aren't in the playoffs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2023 7:13 pm
sunny reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: