Notifications
Clear all

Willie Isa

Page 1 / 2
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

What a sh*thouse he is. Could and should have seen red 2/3 times tonight. Wigan were an absolute shambles. Surely the game is up for Lam. One of the most ill disciples performances I’ve seen that I think. Saints rose above it, Lewis Dodd, another one of the HFH rank, was superb.

Topic starter Posted : 20/08/2021 9:02 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

I've read a few times on here comments about your mob's (lack of discipline) and ours is far from good, as I've mentioned many times, but.................

Pies' tonight was just off the scale!

I don't agree with a lot of what Bill Arthur says, but he was bang on tonight with his "lost the plot" remark!

Taxi for Lam?

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2021 9:19 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Although there is no excuse for Ida, there was a lot of missed red cards out there. Bentley for one should of been shelved in the first half for the kick to the head. Very poor game

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2021 9:19 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Isa was the worst offender, but not the only player to lose the plot tonight.

This televised match was definitely not a good advert for the game

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2021 9:43 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

You’re right Spelly, our pens are more soft (we’re too soft if anything and have been for years), but that tonight from Wigan was nothing short of a disgrace.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/08/2021 9:54 pm
Gofyn
(@gofyn)
Estimable Member

It's Wigan Saints. You want blood. I thought the ref influenced both teams attitudes. I do think Bateman is finished never a big hit since he did his shoulder at Penrith last season

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2021 10:15 pm
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

Bentley is horrible, and massively lacks discipline but Isa was ridiculous.

Some of them weren't too bad, like going up for the short kick off a bit unlucky.

The one were he put a decent shot on as the ball looped up, and then miles after the ball had gone went to "tackle" the guy on the floor (without the ball) and his elbow caught him in the face was absolutely shocking. Incident only got put on report and suspect he'll have a long ban for that one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2021 10:47 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

The whole game went sour imo. The Sky team set out to make a great deal of the rivalry and the teams seem to have taken it out onto the field.

It all smacked of a marketing managers 'geeing up' of the presentation somehow, maybe hoping for a State of Origin intensity. Well it didn't work! The game was far from enjoyable except to cage fighter fans maybe.

Willie has shown a tendency to go OTT but that was too far. Can't think why Lam left him on tbh, certainly wasn't improving Wigan's chances.

Bentley is trying to be Bateman Mk 2 and has been OTT many times and got away with it. In the old days he would have been 'sorted' quietly. Couldn't see Mills, Morley or even Barrie Mac putting up with his nonsense!

Needed a strong ref to sense the tension and sort it early doors, but we haven't any refs like that these days.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2021 6:58 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

What a sh*thouse he is. Could and should have seen red 2/3 times tonight. Wigan were an absolute shambles. Surely the game is up for Lam. One of the most ill disciples performances I’ve seen that I think. Saints rose above it, Lewis Dodd, another one of the HFH rank, was superb.

Shithouse are you for real he put himself about and never backed down, the game has gone soft nice to see one of our ex players putting it about. Why Bateman was sinned binned either time was a joke. The ref gave Saints everything and could not control the game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2021 7:57 am
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Mick if you think that to welsby while he was on the floor is acceptable it’s pointless debating with you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/08/2021 8:38 am
(@cuerdley-viking)
Reputable Member

Absolutely disgraceful from Isa last night. The attempted eye gouge late in the match on Percival was awful imo. There's playing hard & tough but there has to be a duty of care in there to. Just have a look at the Wigan fans opinion of him to

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2021 8:47 am
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

He lost the plot but it's no surprise, that has to be one of the worst Wigan sides I've ever seen.

Low on quality that game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2021 9:31 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Willie lost it obviously, but can't help but like him generally!

More widely, Wigan are lucky to be fourth on that display and wouldn't be surprised to see a new coach there next year. Wigan used to be more ruthless with coaches!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2021 10:39 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

I thought that Lam was away next year anyway? Too many youngsters at once and a ref who couldn't handle it.

With lads like Bentley about the ref has to bounce him early or other players will respond, then the ref's control has gone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2021 10:55 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Mick if you think that to welsby while he was on the floor is acceptable it’s pointless debating with you.

Did you also miss the kick in the head on Bateman two high tackles on Marshall that where both binnings, if you want to debate then look at the whole game. In willies defence he thought Welsby still had the ball. Like I said earlier the ref had no control at all. If Hicks was demoted for a Charnley try then the ref last night should never ref again this season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2021 1:13 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: