Notifications
Clear all

Widnes V York

Page 1 / 2
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

On Sunday 16th we have York but most other SL & Championship fixtures have been moved to Monday 17th so as to let fans in, so why hasn’t ours?

OK we might not get too many travelling York fans but as a season ticket holder I don’t like feeling like the club are taking the pi$$ out of me by making me watch on tv whilst still taking my money instead of making the effort, like others have, to reschedule by a day.

Topic starter Posted : 09/05/2021 5:52 pm
(@tonyvikinggee)
Estimable Member

York would have to agree and unlike SL, we are a part time club as i think york are. Players would need to arrange days off work etc to be able to play and this might have caused a problems for us that dont exist in SL.

It appears 3 games have been moved to the monday in the championship while 3 games take place on the Sunday

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 5:58 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Isn’t it down to the council not being in a position to make the necessary changes to play the game on a Monday?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 5:58 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Perhaps York wouldn't agree?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 5:59 pm
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

Isn’t it down to the council not being in a position to make the necessary changes to play the game on a Monday?

Who knows when the club don’t communicate with fans

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 6:24 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Tbh judging from the comments on here today most would rather cry at home rather than in public.

We are in survival mode this season and it will be a struggle. Escaping liquidation was just that, an escape. It will take at least a couple of years to rebuild the club properly and even that might not be enough, even assuming that supporters stick with it, and many won't.

Much of our experienced core have yet to be seen and Clough looks to have copped an injury today. That leaves us short of several SL experienced players and exposes our youngsters to be bullied by established Chamionship teams.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 6:31 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

I don't think York would have agreed to it anyway.

Looking at the three games that have been moved - Bradford v Newcastle, Swinton v Dewsbury, Featherstone v Oldham; not a massive amount of travelling for the latter two, while given the majority of Newcastle players are Lancs/Yorks based, then it probably makes mores sense for them to agree.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 6:41 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

For me it's 3 games to sort it out, York, Whitehaven and Oldham. I would expect us to get beat by York, the main thing is not to repeat the Batley or Toulouse performances/scoreline.

Whitehaven and Oldham will be battling with us and Swinton to avoid relegation and we must win both games. The Whitehaven game will be interesting as we beat them in our 2nd game in the cup, have they improved and have we fallen away?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 11:29 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Who knows when the club don’t communicate with fans

Spot on, in all my time of supporting the club this is by far the worst the club has ever been run. This is the people who boasted transparency and communication would be paramount, they cannot even be arsed to answer emails and messages on social media never mind letting fans know simple things like this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 6:24 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Tbh judging from the comments on here today most would rather cry at home rather than in public. We are in survival mode this season and it will be a struggle. Escaping liquidation was just that, an escape. It will take at least a couple of years to rebuild the club properly and even that might not be enough, even assuming that supporters stick with it, and many won’t. Much of our experienced core have yet to be seen and Clough looks to have copped an injury today. That leaves us short of several SL experienced players and exposes our youngsters to be bullied by established Chamionship teams.

You really need to be honest and stop waffling on about trying to defend the undefendable , escaping liquidation is no longer an excuse and for youngsters, what youngsters they are grown men most in their 20's. Nobody gives a rats arse about losing its effort and commitment that we want.

It is now looking like the wrong action was taken and we should of went into liquidation and started f rom the bottom as that's where we are destined to end up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 6:41 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Mick, if we go out of existence we will stay out of existence!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 8:39 am
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Maybe Simon Finnegan should follow Sir Keir Starmers example, and take full responsibility for the current state of affairs, then sack everyone else!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 8:50 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Maybe Simon Finnegan should follow Sir Keir Starmers example, and take full responsibility for the current state of affairs, then sack everyone else!

Or maybe keep blaming his predecessor, wait a minute think I have hit on something here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 9:01 am
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

Mick, how would starting from scratch have any benefits?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 9:17 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

How many RL clubs have started from scratch recently?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 9:24 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: