Notifications
Clear all

Wembley

(@spelly)
Noble Member

With Boris' announcement today, I would imagine there'll be summat like a 20,000 limit at the Final.

The new "un-lockdown" date has been announced as 19 July, with RL's big day happening 48 hours previously.

I'm not sure how many tickets have already been booked (ours are carried over from last year, when it was played behind closed doors) but I can see a lot of fans being disappointed.

We've had to knock my grandson Mackenzie's 21st birthday bash on Friday week, but we'll re-organise it when restrictions are lifted.

Hopefully, by the time of OT, and then the World Cup (summat like) normality will have returned, but I'm not holding my breath!

Spelly.

Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2021 7:51 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

The RFL have sold 17,000 tickets apparently, leaving a grand total of 3,000 for the four clubs at Wembley.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2021 9:17 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

It said in today’s paper, that the RL challenge cup final is one of the events that should see attendances  raised above the previous expected limit, which could be 40,000, the same as the Euro qualifiers being held there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2021 8:36 am
(@spelly)
Noble Member

It said in today’s paper, that the RL challenge cup final is one of the events that should see attendances raised above the previous expected limit, which could be 40,000, the same as the Euro qualifiers being held there.

Hopefully that happens, but glad that ours were long since booked and paid for.

When last year's final was declared a no fans event, we were given the option of "transferring" them to this year's, so the RFL have had our dosh for summat like eighteen months or more.

Fans (and those that jump on the bandwagon) will be clamouring for tickets. I spoke to the RFL this morn, to book my ticket for the England v Other Nationalities game at Wire, and asked the guy when they will know summat about Wembley. He reckoned by the end of this week.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/06/2021 11:50 am
Share: