Wembley, or stay up...

Notifications
Clear all

Wembley, or stay up?

(@spelly)
Noble Member

Someone (not me) has opened a thread on our board asking the following question. "If there was a choice of Wembley, and relegation, or no trip to Middlesex, and avoid putting Llanelli, and Coventry in the sat-nav, which one would you pick?"

At present, nobody has gone for the former, and I'm 101% in the same corner. Whilst I'm pretty confident what your answers will be...........

Just for a bit of fun, I'll ask you mob the very same question. Wembley, and West Wales, or losing at Fev, and Mount Pleasant again?

Spelly.

PS - You can't say "both" on this thread! LOL

Topic starter Posted : 21/05/2021 11:19 am
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

wembley, prob wont be a club anyway , the way things are going

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 11:26 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Stay up. Anyone who votes otherwise is a lunatic imho. Ideal scenario is both obviously.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 11:30 am
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

What the f*** is this question.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 11:56 am
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

im a looney lol, i was messing about of course its stay up be better if both

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 11:56 am
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member

Both please! 🙏

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 12:09 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Stupid question.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 12:28 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Stay up - no chance of beating Featherstone anyway, but we thought that last year against Leigh!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 1:01 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

We had our day at Wembley, it was crap. Stay up every day of the week.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 1:06 pm
(@brenjm)
Trusted Member

After a disappointing day last time at Wembley (experience, lack of atmosphere, result) I think I'd choose to stay up.
Tho.. is there really much difference between an away trip to Keighley or Barrow or say Batley or Whitehaven? Either way we'd probably lose.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 1:39 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Stay up all day long.

Think about it, Leigh or Salford may come down, rather play them, Featherstone, Halifax, Bradford than West Wales and London Skolars....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 5:13 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Yeah, the feeling is the same on our board! Staying up is so much more important.

I stayed on to watch your game at Wembley, and as has been mentioned, the atmosphere just wasn't there, coz the vast majority of fans had left.

It will hopefully be better this time, as the match will be staged prior to the big 'un, rather than after, but there'll still be only 20,000 fans at best in the stadium, I would imagine.

The prospects of trips to the Bears / Skolars / Raiders next term, is currently very much a possibility for us, and we'll need to improve vastly on our last few outings, if we're gonna maintain our middle tier status. But, eternal optimist that I am, I'll still cling on the the belief that we can pull it off.

Of course I'd love to see us run out at Wembley (and unlike you, we've never played there) but staying up is by far the priority!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/05/2021 8:56 pm
Share: