Notifications
Clear all

Utterly gash

Page 1 / 2
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Let’s hear the excuses for yet another second half shutout. Nowt changes, let’s hear what super Si says!

Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2021 6:06 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Love your positive thinking

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 6:25 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Give me one positive post about that farce of that second half ‘performance’

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2021 6:45 pm
(@tonyvikinggee)
Estimable Member

30 minutes of Solid Defence and good scramble was a positive from that second forty.

Countered by the negatives of our right edge D in the last 10. Our 2nd half tactics. Matty Smith looking further off the pace then i would in a long distant race against Mo Farah. And the fact that our attacking shape looks worse than most other teams, despite us supposedly having better halves than each of our opponents so far.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 6:51 pm
(@erik-the-red)
Estimable Member

Looks like if this is true about the three who were out leaving the forwards and bench looking weak, proved to be the case.  Not having BAKER, DWYER and FARNWORTH, JOWITT being injured and then the injury to COOK and the unnecessary sin-binning of Doro (when we needed him to stay on the pitch), we were busted at the end and so it proved.  The game went away from us without Doro on the pitch and their big pack proved too much.  CLOUGH was outstanding, and GRADY very industrious, but we needed a real contribution from more than what we had available.  The pack needs bolstering I think.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 7:07 pm
(@erik-the-red)
Estimable Member

.....we still should never had lost a 14 point lead in the last 15 minutes........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 7:08 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Aha! I found the ranting thread!

What lost the game for us was undoubtedly the last pass from dummy half of the game! I’ve no idea who it was, but for God’s sake we were on the last, 10 metres out in front of the bloody sticks and he chucks it to the right instead of back to either one of two kickers! Criminal!

If anyone knows who it was, don’t tell me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 7:48 pm
(@come-on)

First League Game Of The Season , Let's Try And Be Rational Here . Admittedly We Should Have Killed The Game Off Well Before The End  . Some Of Our Big Hitters Missing Didn't Help . We Will Get Sharper With The Ball As The Season Goes On . Let's Try And Stay Positive Here . This Time Last Year We Weren't Sure When We Would See Widnes Play Again

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 8:49 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

First League Game Of The Season , Let’s Try And Be Rational Here . Admittedly We Should Have Killed The Game Off Well Before The End . Some Of Our Big Hitters Missing Didn’t Help . We Will Get Sharper With The Ball As The Season Goes On . Let’s Try And Stay Positive Here . This Time Last Year We Weren’t Sure When We Would See Widnes Play Again

Heard all that before.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 8:57 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

As I’ve said in another thread, we can’t expect to win every game, however something went wrong on the pitch today that needs sorting out.

OK, we were missing some good players but that doesn’t excuse the lack of points in the second half and the unbelievable last play when a drop goal would have saved the game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 9:05 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

a point more than london york and bradford

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 10:06 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Let’s hear the excuses for yet another second half shutout. Nowt changes, let’s hear what super Si says!

What did you think about the first half ?

Do you think it might have been different if we hadn’t lost a couple of lads from the squad with Covid ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 10:14 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

But still the same win percentage.Nil.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2021 5:55 am
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

But still the same win percentage.Nil.

thats true, im not saying im happy with yesterday, but we are lucky were not on zero points if they would of converted that try.

plenty of games left mate, onwards and upwards hopefully.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2021 9:41 am
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Aha! I found the ranting thread! What lost the game for us was undoubtedly the last pass from dummy half of the game! I’ve no idea who it was, but for God’s sake we were on the last, 10 metres out in front of the bloody sticks and he chucks it to the right instead of back to either one of two kickers! Criminal! If anyone knows who it was, don’t tell me.

To be fair, I think it was a planned move to create more space for Craven and create a decoy. The problem was the pass to Smith was dreadful and gave him no chance of getting it quickly on to Craven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2021 9:53 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: