Notifications
Clear all

TV games?

(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Is there a problem with the Vimeo TV games, usually ready for Wednesday?

Topic starter Posted : 12/03/2020 9:42 am
(@ratboy)
Reputable Member

I was thinking the same mate. Only got previews of the game against Whitehaven.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2020 9:02 pm
 Lesf
(@lesf)

I've not got a problem if there are technical/ or legal difficulties for non broadcasting to paying customers, but i do have concerns about lack of information from the people who have took my money for a sevice they are not providing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2020 10:09 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

The Club are still promoting this service. Shouldn't they be issuing a statement as to why the game is not available and whether it is an issue that will prevent future games being shown?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 9:44 am
Gulley Sucker
(@gulley-sucker)
Eminent Member

I can watch the Whitehaven game now on widnestv, although it was uploaded a little later than usual. Fast forward to the second half if you haven’t already seen it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 1:43 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Jeez have a bit of patience for gods sake

Hardly like they’ve took your money and closed the sight down

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 4:46 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

The problem I have with this Widnes TV is it makes the club less accessible to the world RL audience.

We are supposedly trying to widen the club's profile, to big ourselves up, now we are charging £50 a year for the privilege of seeing replayed highlights, that you could see on the club site or YouTube, last season, for free.

Game footage is now usually 1 or 2 try's on Instagram or Twitter

I'd love to know (officially) how many have taken up WTV, and how much it generates.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 5:21 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Problem is Paulie, most clubs have a service like it now, you can still get full highlights of tries on YouTube same as previous

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 5:28 pm
Gulley Sucker
(@gulley-sucker)
Eminent Member

Widnes tv doesn’t just show highlights. I got it to watch the full away games primarily (which I don’t go to). These are new, and additional to what you can get for free from the main website, as are the full home games, reserves games and other stuff. I’ve watched a lot on it since the start of the season, it’s what I expected and I’m not disappointed. Sound quality of some of the interviews and commentaries could be better but it’s a learning process and these are improving.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 8:11 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

Widnes tv doesn’t just show highlights. I got it to watch the full away games primarily (which I don’t go to). These are new, and additional to what you can get for free from the main website, as are the full home games, reserves games and other stuff. I’ve watched a lot on it since the start of the season, it’s what I expected and I’m not disappointed. Sound quality of some of the interviews and commentaries could be better but it’s a learning process and these are improving.

Thanks for the info

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 9:53 pm
 Lesf
(@lesf)

After my winge about the game taking a long time to be broadcast on widnes tv, it now time for a massive pat on the back for the initiative to replay classic games for the benefit of all of us who are not venturing out. Well done and thanks to all invoved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2020 2:21 pm
(@di-keith-fowler)
Trusted Member

After my winge about the game taking a long time to be broadcast on widnes tv, it now time for a massive pat on the back for the initiative to replay classic games for the benefit of all of us who are not venturing out. Well done and thanks to all invoved.

Really enjoying these old games, hopefully they have enough games stockpiled to keep it going!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2020 3:21 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Agreed - watched the 2015 draw against Wigan when Ah Van was sent off for a high tackle, with an attendance of nearly 9300. If only ---------------?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2020 6:46 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Wasn't that the one that was bolstered by an NHS world record attempt?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2020 3:06 pm
(@snafu)

I am waiting for the world cup game against Canberra to be shown. Or some of our Challenge cup final wins.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2020 10:45 am
Share: