Notifications
Clear all

The Pat Price Prediction League 2021 Rules

Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

Well folks, thankfully it's nearly time for the new season to start. Hopefully there will be a few more games than last season.

I'll give the prediction league a go again, but if I have as many problems as last season I'll give in and take up something a bit easier........ brain surgery maybe. 🙂

I know it's just for fun but you're a competitive bunch, so just a reminder of "The Rules"

* If you’d like to play, there’s no need to ask. Just post your predictions in any week’s fixture thread and you’re in!
* You can join at any time
* Predict the winning team or say “draw” for each game
* The result used will be the final published score after any “Golden Points” are included
* Predictions for all the games listed in each week must be made at the same time
* Predictions must be in before the game starts.
* Once you’ve posted your predictions, you cannot change them
* If you miss a game, or are too late to post, you can still enter predictions for all games that haven’t yet started. (e.g. You miss a Friday night game, or the early kick off/first games of the day, you can still post for games starting later that day, and/or Saturday and Sunday games)
* Each correct prediction gets 1 point, or 4 points if you predict a draw
* If you predict all results correctly, you’ll also get a bonus point, except for the later rounds when there are only one or two games
* In any dispute, my decision is final. 🙂

To help me…
Please make your predictions in the same order as I post them. It really helps!

Cheers, enjoy the season,

BoB

Topic starter Posted : 23/02/2021 1:54 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Great stuff BoB. Will do an article on this and try and promote.

I've created a link that sends people straight to the predictions forum: www.widnesrugby.com/predictions

Will also add a link to the menu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2021 10:56 pm
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

Thanks James

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/02/2021 3:42 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Glad that you’re willing to continue the league table this season Bob, you’re doing a good job.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2021 11:00 am
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Looking forward to this again, and as usual, no matter who we are playing, it will be a prediction for a Swinton win!

Really appreciate what you do BOB, and thank you in advance!

Spelly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2021 10:43 am
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

Looking forward to this again, and as usual, no matter who we are playing, it will be a prediction for a Swinton win! Really appreciate what you do BOB, and thank you in advance! Spelly

You're such an old romantic, Spelly!

I salute you for giving everyone else a chance of winning 😉

Enjoy the season.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/03/2021 1:08 pm
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

With the possibility of game cancellations due to covid, I thought I'd make a quick addition to the rules....

If only one game is cancelled, you'll still get a bonus point for correctly predicting the other six games.

If two or more games are cancelled, there'll be no bonus point awarded.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2021 12:21 pm
Share: