Notifications
Clear all

Rules of The Pat Price Prediction League 2020

Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

Welcome back! It's almost the start of a new season so time to get your prediction heads on and join the 2020 league.

It's just a game for fun and the prestige of winning, but there are some rules so, just to recap, these are;

* If you'd like to play, there's no need to ask. Just post your predictions in any week's fixture thread and you're in!
* Predict the winning team for or say "draw" for each game
* Predictions for all games each week must be made at the same time
* Predictions must be in before the game starts.
* If you miss a game, or are too late to post, you can still enter predictions for all games that haven't yet started. (e.g. You miss a Friday night game, or the early kick off/first games of the day, you can still post for games starting later that day, and/or Saturday and Sunday games)
* Each correct prediction gets 1 point, or 4 points if you predict a draw
* If you predict all results correctly, you'll also get a bonus point
* In any dispute, my decision is final. 🙂

To help me...
Please make your predictions in the same order as I post them. It really helps!

That's it. Enjoy the season.

And on a final, sad note, sorry to tell you that one of our regulars (and a previous winner) passed away suddenly over Christmas.

R.I.P. BLUE_NOSE

Topic starter Posted : 09/01/2020 5:19 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Welcome back mate!

Looking forward to playing again this year.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2020 8:55 am
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

Further to the announcment of "Bluenose's" demise R.I.P. Let it be known that "Amadaeus" a joint winner in 2019 also passed away a week before Christmas. R.I.P. Keith. Condolances to all who have lost loved ones since the end of the 2019 season. Ceejay1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2020 4:20 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Can we have a clarification of the draw rule please in light of Golden Point! Ta!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 9:09 pm
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

Can we have a clarification of the draw rule please in light of Golden Point! Ta!

Good point Steve!

After discussing this with the committee (me and the dog) we've decided that, in the event of a golden point game, the score at full time will be used as the result for the prediction league. I think that gives the advantage to those who predict a draw.

I've added it to the rules thread now.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/01/2020 10:12 am
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

.............. no I haven't. Cant edit posts yet

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/01/2020 10:14 am
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

Hi BOB, Do you mean a Draw at 80 minutes i.e. "Normal Fulltime" not after "Extra time"?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/01/2020 2:05 pm
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

Hi BOB, Do you mean a Draw at 80 minutes i.e. “Normal Fulltime” not after “Extra time”?

Bugger...........

I've spoken to the dog again and decided to change my last decision......

Let's just take the final published result of each game. Otherwise I'd have to go trawling through the limited match reports of each championship match, where the team's scores are within 4 points of each other, to make sure there wasn't a golden point score.

Thanks for pointing it out Ceejay!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/01/2020 4:35 pm
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

One other rule I forgot to add.......

Once you've made your pedictions, you cannot change them.

I'll tidy up the rules once I can edit the first post.

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/01/2020 10:59 am
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

THE REVISED RULES

* If you’d like to play, there’s no need to ask. Just post your predictions in any week’s fixture thread and you’re in!
* You can join at any time
* Predict the winning team for or say “draw” for each game
* The result used will be the final published score after any "Golden Points" are included
* Predictions for all games each week must be made at the same time
* Predictions must be in before the game starts.
* Once you've posted your predictions, you cannot change them
* If you miss a game, or are too late to post, you can still enter predictions for all games that haven’t yet started. (e.g. You miss a Friday night game, or the early kick off/first games of the day, you can still post for games starting later that day, and/or Saturday and Sunday games)
* Each correct prediction gets 1 point, or 4 points if you predict a draw
* If you predict all results correctly, you’ll also get a bonus point, except for the later rounds when there are only one or two games
* In any dispute, my decision is final. 🙂

To help me…
Please make your predictions in the same order as I post them. It really helps!

That’s it. Enjoy the season.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/02/2020 9:36 pm
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

Further to the announcment of “Bluenose’s” demise R.I.P. Let it be known that “Amadaeus” a joint winner in 2019 also passed away a week before Christmas. R.I.P. Keith. Condolances to all who have lost loved ones since the end of the 2019 season. Ceejay1

Sorry to hear that Ceejay.

Sadly, another of our regulars to add to the list is "Blonde Bombsite", who passed away last week.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/02/2020 9:38 pm
Share: