Notifications
Clear all

Squad vs Dewsbury

(@sunny)
Noble Member

Seems a decent squad. Baker back but no Farnworth, Hatton instead of Buckley, both Duro and O'Neill in.

Topic starter Posted : 16/04/2021 3:55 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Farnworth training again but out of time with the protocols. No worries.

Probably go with Roby and Hatton. Might improve our right side defence!

Hope that Kenny Baker stays at LF, you get much more out of him there imo.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2021 4:34 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I agree Roby at centre, I like Joe Edge too but Hatton playing is fine by me: to be honest I don't personally think Spedding or Buckley have been great so far anyway.

Would personally consider starting Grady and Dwyer in the back row and bring Lawton on and off the bench.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2021 5:25 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Quote. “Would personally consider starting Grady and Dwyer in the back row and bring Lawton on and off the bench”

Well said CJ91, that sounds like a very sensible plan!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2021 5:32 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

A bit disappointed with Buckley tbh, always seems to make a mess of at least one catch. But we haven't kicked for him to catch a high ball, that was his speciality!

Roby is generally sound and that's what we need atm.

Looking forward to it!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2021 5:35 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Don't think Roby/Hatton/Edge are a drop in quality from Spedding and Buckley. Still light in the forwards with Cook and Farnworth missing but having Doro and Dwyer back in will help. I'd start Else at hooker and try Brad O'Neill from the bench.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2021 7:07 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

I’d go with: Owens, Hatton, Edge, Tyrer, Cross, Craven, Smith, Clough, Else, Doro, Grady, Lawton, Baker. Subs: Jewitt, Dwyer, O’Neill, Tilleke

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2021 8:10 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

I'd prefer Roby and Tyrer as centres for stability atm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2021 8:26 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

I prefer Roby to spedding based off performances I’ve seen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2021 12:14 am
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Spedding is terrified of tackling, we will do better without him tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2021 12:30 am
(@vikingkev)
Trusted Member

Quote. “Would personally consider starting Grady and Dwyer in the back row and bring Lawton on and off the bench

to be honest having watched Lawton in all the games I can’t say he’s worth a place even on the bench. He needs to run and tackle his weight. I know it’s been levelled at him before but he still flatters to deceive. Watch him have a blinder today and prove me wrong!! Here’s hoping he does.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2021 12:55 pm
(@widiots-on-tour)
Eminent Member

Glad to see Buckley out the team, too lightweight and I think Hatton is better, not sure why Sheensy didn’t give him a chance off the back of his debut 2019 season

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2021 3:11 pm
Share: