Notifications
Clear all

squad for batley

(@glynn)
Honorable Member

baker - t chap - craven - cross -dugdale - dwyer - edge - farnworth - hatton - grady - johnson - lulu - lyons - moran - oneill - owens - roby - smith - spedding - tomkins - wilde

Topic starter Posted : 07/02/2020 3:12 pm
(@steve-mcdonald)
Trusted Member

What's happened to Coooper who we signed from Halifax?

He came highly regarded, didn't he play reserves last week?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 3:39 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Mildly surprised to see a lack of Wire players there....not overly bothered like.

Cooper doesn't seem to be TS's favourite, if you consider Dwyer has usurped him as a triallist originally.

For me, maybe Lulu comes in for Edge, otherwise same again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 6:35 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Just hope Craven and Spedding have got over their injuries

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 6:51 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

According to the weather forecast the match will be played at the heighth of the storm. Westerly wind of 45 to 50mph and torrential rain. Batley have a big pack so the conditions will suit them.  We need to try and build up a swift lead but if we have to play against the wind that could be difficult. A shame also as the conditions will probably reduce the attendance but I shall be there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 7:44 pm
 DLM
(@dlm)
Trusted Member

Cooper limped off with I think an ankle injury against Wigan reserves last weekend. Statement that Dwyer seems to get ahead of him is correct though.

DLM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 10:11 pm
(@the-vicar)
Estimable Member

Looking forward to the game . Not been any of the pre season games , I never bother with them . With such a turnover in the squad this year theres  bit of nervous anticipation in what to expect , it seems such a long time since the last home game of 2019.

The Vicar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 11:21 am
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

Hope the weather doesnt spoil the game too much. Given the restrictions of the Stalybridge pitch on Sunday, I was hoping our quick backs would be able to cut loose tomorrow!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 11:58 am
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Dwyer playing for the reserves today along with Hatton, O'neil and Dugdale.  So one change to the 17 tomorrow, Leuluai for Dwyer. He could either come in at loose forward or on the bench with Grady starting. Cooper must be injured as mentioned as not playing for the reserves today.

We must be going with Edge and Lyons on the bench again along with Farnworth and Grady/Leuluai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 1:28 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Interesting as I thought Dwyer had played quite well to be fair.

Grady to start then with Graff on the bench for me...

Maybe Kenny will have a spell as prop.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 3:11 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Guess swapping in and out 1 or 2 players in the pack won’t make a lot of difference and will give sheens an idea of those he’s swapped who he wants playing for the bigger game Vs London

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 3:52 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Dwyer playing for the reserves today along with Hatton, O’neil and Dugdale. So one change to the 17 tomorrow, Leuluai for Dwyer. He could either come in at loose forward or on the bench with Grady starting. Cooper must be injured as mentioned as not playing for the reserves today.

We must be going with Edge and Lyons on the bench again along with Farnworth and Grady/Leuluai.

Hatton went off injured too

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 4:38 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

i see leigh thumped sheff 58 - 10 and a try for gerrard

toulouse 24 - o against oldham latest score

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/02/2020 6:20 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

toulouse 56 - 6 now

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/02/2020 6:48 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Would not be surprised to see a few heavy home wins tomorrow.

Weather is meant to be wet and windy tomorrow, not ideal for us.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 7:18 pm
Share: