Clear all

Squad changes for Sunday

Page 1 / 3
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

In - Clough, Dwyer, Buckley

Out - Robson, Grady and Roby

So an improvement to the front row but the second row will be weaker than last week. Hopefully we have enough to beat Whitehaven anyway. Widnes by 10 for me.

Topic starter Posted : 21/05/2021 11:08 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Just realised we also have Else and Farnworth who didn’t play last week but were in the squad. So hopefully overall that’s an improvement. Revising prediction to Widnes by 14

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/05/2021 11:11 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

This team should be capable of beating Whitehaven, but no certainty. They have beaten Newcastle and Oldham and put up a decent showing against Dewsbury, but hammered by Featherstone and Toulouse. Widnes by 20.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 1:21 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Only really Grady and Tomkins away from full strength now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 1:54 pm
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member

And of course missing the Man of Mystery: Jewitt!!! 🙄

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 1:58 pm
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

Are the rumors true about jewitt not wanting to train

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 2:02 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Grady injured or unavailable ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2021 2:54 pm
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

I don't think there are any rumours about him not wanting to train, are there?

I know on another thread somebody posed a question about it, which seemed to come from nowhere.

As far as I know he's not refusing to train, just his body wont let him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2021 9:47 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Probably end up retiring.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2021 11:44 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

If the attitude is right, we have the talent to beat Whitehaven and we already have done this season.

Expecting a nervy win.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2021 12:23 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Think we will win but this is going to be a poor season, mid table at best

signings have been poor to be honest, get rid of big earners ASAP - smith, Tomkins  for sure

stay up and start again, not sure on coach as he has not signed anyone apart from loanees

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2021 5:33 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

The next two games against Whitehaven and Oldham will define our season. Win both  and we could be as high as 7/8th in the table. Lose both and we will be firmly in a relegation spot, wondering where the next win will come from.

I agree - but hope I'm wrong - this season is already a write-off and really fighting to avoid relegation, with mid-table finish all we can expect. The club really need to be thinking now about strengthening the squad next year to at least make a challenge for a play-off place.

Someone mentioned that Widnes had a four year plan, presumably with a view to getting back in SL by 2023. Perhaps James could interview Finney again and ask him how the Plan is going and how the club propose to strengthen the squad in 2022. Obviously, covid will have had an unexpected impact on finances, but the reduction in central funding should not have come as a surprise, as it has been on the cards  for several years and should have been taken into account in the Plan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2021 6:34 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Yep, massive game tomorrow and another one next week. Simply can't afford not to win these matches. Even if we win both games I still think we are in a relegation scrap given we haven't had a particularly tough start to the season on paper and have a lot of difficult fixtures to come.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/05/2021 7:29 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

There wasn’t a rumour until you mentioned it - I wouldn’t think the club or his doctor would let him train if he’s injured.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2021 9:40 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Surely if a player was refusing to train he would be in breach of contract. If this is true then Jewitt should be sacked. If players don’t want to be here then ship them out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2021 11:30 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: