Smith Article on BB...

Notifications
Clear all

Smith Article on BBC Sport

Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Good article talking to Matty Smith about signing for Widnes  is the headline story on BBC Sport's rugby league section. Also goes into a bit of the club's history over the last 30 years.

With the Superleague season kicking off tonight we have done well to be today's headline story.

Topic starter Posted : 30/01/2020 11:25 am
(@vikingsinbradford)
Trusted Member

Yeah, nice article. In the photo who is the player on the far right? I recognise Mike O'Neil, Eddie Cunningham, Andy Gregory and Mick George but not that chap. Have to start putting more water in it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2020 12:50 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Had a look at the team list for that game (arguably cheating but it is a bit before my time!) and I reckon it might be Eric Prescott.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2020 1:01 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

it is

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2020 2:00 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

Yep, another Widnes lad , had some success with Salford before he came to us and also the father of the late Steve Prescott

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2020 3:24 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

An even better article now on BBC with an in depth interview from Tim Sheens.  He talks really well, you listen to him and want to follow him.

Do we have someone working for BBC Sport!? 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2020 9:13 am
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

Was going to post the same thing Dan, excellent article on Tim Sheens, a real down to earth, straight talking guy, doing what needs to be done without standing on ceremony. It does make you think somebody at the BBC likes us!

We are very fortunate to have him at the helm, clearly a wealth of experience and impeccable coaching credentials. When he speaks things are simple and clear, no coaching mumbo jumbo. Lets hope he is right about the quality he sees in the squad!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2020 2:19 pm
Share: