Six changes in Dews...

Notifications
Clear all

Six changes in Dewsbury Squad

Page 1 / 2
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Grady misses out due to job commitments. Smith & Cross out with "minor knocks". Spedding & Jay Chapelhow are back from injury & 3 come in from Warrington, being Robson, Patton & Mamo.

I am a little concerned if Patton plays plus 2 others strange to the side that our plays will be disrupted as they were against London.  Hopefully we will still have enough in the bank to win this one.

Topic starter Posted : 28/02/2020 12:50 pm
Northstar
(@northstar)
Trusted Member

Mamo has some real quality at SL level, never mind Championship. It will be very interesting to see how he gets on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 1:13 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

Mamo has some real quality at SL level, never mind Championship. It will be very interesting to see how he gets on.

Agree on that, it will be very interesting to see where he plays if he gets a game

Wire were playing him on the wing at one point, may see him at FB with Owens moving into the halves

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 1:21 pm
(@ringo-bells)
Trusted Member

So Patton replaces Smith, Mamo goes on the wing instead of Cross and Robson at 2nd row in place of Grady presumably? Not sure about that, maybe give a couple of our reserves (Buckley, Hatton) a run out before the DR guys 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 1:21 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Patton for Smith

Mamo for Cross

Robson for Grady

Jay Chap for Farnworth

Then either stick with Edge and Roby or bring Spedding back in at centre.

Just shows if we pick up a bit of an injury crisis at any point we have SL players on tap as like it or not Wire have a very good squad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 1:27 pm
(@the-vicar)
Estimable Member

I'd be tempted to have Mamo in the centres and put Roby or Spedding on the wing.

The Vicar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 2:05 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Owens, Johnson, Spedding, Roby, Mamo, Craven, Lyons, T.Chapelhow, Tomkins, Moran, Wilde, Robson, Baker.

Subs: Patton, J.Chapelhow, O'Neil, Leuluai.

Leaving out Edge, Case, Dwyer and Wood.

Not the biggest fan of Dual Reg, but the players we're using this week proves the benefit of it. Getting three SL standard players. I'd use Patton in the 'Lyons' role off the bench.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 2:06 pm
(@wanderer)
Eminent Member

another defeat in Yorkshire beckons with these half arsed, unfit Warrington imports

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 3:46 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Very happy again with the good use of dual reg I’d probably have Patton on the bench unless he can have more than one session with craven

mamo good quality wherever he plays, robson was good last year here as well glad to have him back covering for Grady

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 6:15 pm
(@griffin1)
Estimable Member

I would be amazed if we lost at Dewsbury and if we want to compete with London, Leigh and Toulouse, these are the calibre of dual reg players we could do with.

I think the spine of our own squad is very strong, but the depth of our squad is unfortunately very shallow.

We are still short of front rowers with the size to break the line, but we are where we are, and so far, I can not complain with the quality of the DR players we have had.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 6:47 pm
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

I wonder which way round it is? Does Tim say I would like a halfback an outside back and a backrower, if you have any available this week, or do Warrington say, these are the players we can make available. pick 3 from those?

Whichever it is, all three are decent quality and we should take advantage of their availability. Lets hope Jay is raring to go after his injury layoff. We tore into them last season in our last game and our only Yorkshire win, so we need to do the same. Pity we haven't got Smith as he was starting to assert his authority!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 6:47 pm
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

I really don’t get the criticism about the wire players being brought in

at the end of the day we want to make the playoffs this year and we need better quality players as the London game proved

I don’t want widnes to be a mid championship team

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 6:50 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

I really don’t get the criticism about the wire players being brought in at the end of the day we want to make the playoffs this year and we need better quality players as the London game proved I don’t want widnes to be a mid championship team

Agreed. i don't care how many DR players we bring in as long as it gets us to the promised land. As I said on an earlier thread, just look at how close Featherstone got with their DR players from Leeds; 80 mins. These players are full time quality highly skilled individuals and will not be half  arsed or going through the motions and they will do a job for us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 7:37 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

I wonder which way round it is? Does Tim say I would like a halfback an outside back and a backrower, if you have any available this week, or do Warrington say, these are the players we can make available.

Looking at the players we have had I would say we tell them what we need

Every player so far has been a direct  replacement for someone we have missing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 7:55 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

I wonder if Hatton is injured as he's not in the 21 man squad? He was first choice last year ahead of Ince and scored a hatrick last week against Wakefield including a 90 yard effort.  I understand bringing Wire players in to replace injured ones. But if fit I would have given Hatton his opportunity in the first team with Cross injured.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2020 8:06 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: