Notifications
Clear all

Simon Finnigan

(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Credit where credit’s due.

It seems as though he’s really  turned things around after the dark days of the first month or so.

The players are clearly playing for him and if we get another win next week we are well positioned for a good crack at a play off spot.

Topic starter Posted : 27/06/2021 9:33 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Frankly, I was appalled by the calls for him to be sacked after three defeats and I’m so pleased for him to have now had a couple of decent wins. It’s obvious that the players have confidence in him now too and though we aren’t going to win every game, we now look competitive for a playoff spot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2021 1:06 am
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Interesting isn't it, especially considering the clamour around James Ford at York, who have spent big on a load of ex-SL players and a constant stream of loan yet we're now three points (in old money) ahead of them, despite having a crisis season.

If we'd held on against London, we'd be right in the mix.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2021 7:29 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

Interesting isn’t it, especially considering the clamour around James Ford at York, who have spent big on a load of ex-SL players and a constant stream of loan yet we’re now three points (in old money) ahead of them, despite having a crisis season. If we’d held on against London, we’d be right in the mix.

Yes slightly frustrating last 10 minutes against both Featherstone and London.  Could you have a spot at Wembley and be in the play off mix just by finishing these games a little smarter, but we've obviously learnt from these games and picked up good wins against Sheffield and Bradford.  Equally tough game at the Shay on Sunday, but they must be confident.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2021 8:13 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Big month coming up in July. Fax away, Fev at home and London away. All tough games. Realistically we need to win at least two out of three to keep ourselves in close enough touch to have a realistic chance of the top six. Before yesterday I’d have said it’s a big ask. On that showing we have a chance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2021 8:58 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I think what Finnigan has shown is that he can improve individual players (Lawton, Wilde, Tilleke e.g.) and can be flexible with tactics: Smith at LF for instance...

Play-Offs would be a bonus after the start, I think in the analysis, 1 point from 8 v Batley, Newcastle, York and Dewsbury may well be the achilles heel.

It should all be useful for him ahead of next year though!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2021 6:24 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Big month coming up in July. Fax away, Fev at home and London away. All tough games. Realistically we need to win at least two out of three to keep ourselves in close enough touch to have a realistic chance of the top six. Before yesterday I’d have said it’s a big ask. On that showing we have a chance.

Playing Fev a week before Wembley could be big for us, hopefully they rest players.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2021 6:35 pm
(@d-day)
Estimable Member

Halifax will be a real tough game but no reason why we can’t go there and get a result.  London were average against us and haven’t been great so a winnable game.  We were unlucky against Fev and with them being at Wembley the following week may work to our advantage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2021 9:57 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Interesting that we have not had any shouts to bring Duffy or Diskin here!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2021 10:36 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

They’ve both been retired just a bit too long to take up one of the bench spots.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2021 11:20 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

They could be our non-playing subs!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2021 12:49 pm
Share: