Reserves v Wigan to...

Notifications
Clear all

Reserves v Wigan tomorrow

DLM
(@dlm)
Trusted Member

Not been very well publicised but the Widnes new reserve team take on Wigan at home tomorrow KO 2.00pm.

Regards

DLM

Topic starter Posted : 31/01/2020 4:02 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

They must have seen your tweet 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 4:15 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Yes just seen this I had no idea until today. Do you know if it's included in the season ticket? Any team news? Is that why Buckley and Hatton arnt in the Oldham squad? Will Edge and Hulme be playing even though they are named in the 21 man first team squad?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2020 5:42 pm
 DLM
(@dlm)
Trusted Member

I would expect 2 out of that 21 man squad to play plus Hatton, Buckley and maybe the other 3 trialists we had if they are still with us? Plus the lads who where in the team photo this week.

DLM

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/01/2020 11:18 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Looking at that Wigan reserve side I think the lads that played today faced a much tougher task than playing Oldham tomorrow, no disrespect intended to Oldham.

Wigan, Saints, Warrington and Hull reserves will be better than Whitehaven, Oldham and dare I say it Swinton.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2020 3:42 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

They had a tough job on against that Wigan side today and it was the sort of result that you might have expected. Hopefully no major injuries and the fringe players will benefit from the game time.

Cooper, Dugdale and Hulme all played so looks like the team tomorrow to be picked from the other 18 players in the list.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2020 4:01 pm
 Owl
(@owl)
Trusted Member

First half they seemed a little daunted/nervous -many silly errors. Different story second half stepped up and made Wigan work hard. They will know what to expect next time. Are these games worthwhile?...……….yes imho very valuable experience. This game was no friendly as has been suggested these fixtures will be. Good to see the head coach there...……………..cannot recall too many times seeing many if any  of the first team coaches at lower level games in recent times.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2020 8:18 pm
(@ralph-wiggum)
Estimable Member

What was the Final score ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 12:03 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

We lost 52-10

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 9:11 am