Notifications
Clear all

Reserves TV

(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Just had a look at the Cas Reserves game. Good quality but two moans/queries.

1.Hope that the Reserve cameraman learns to slow down on the zooming in and out, that's down to experience.

2. This may be down to my stupidity but the video stopped and buffered twice, for an age, Is there anything that can be done to stop this? Hopefully a more video-savvy Member can help a duffer!!

Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2020 12:03 am
(@ratboy)
Reputable Member

I thought the same too about zooming in and out. I could not see all the numbers properly to judge players. Dugdale, Glover, O Neil, Wood and Case looked decent. That Case has some size at prop.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 12:38 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Did your show stop and buffer Ratters?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2020 8:52 am
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Mine did the other night watching the Batley game, really annoying. Destroys the game for me and needs addressing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 9:22 am
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

there’s too many variables that could cause the buffering to come up with advice

How’s your internet connection? Buffering can usually be down to that?

What are you watching it on Tablet, phone, desktop, laptop?

on apps there can sometimes be different settings for video playback could be one of those needs changing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 10:15 am
(@ratboy)
Reputable Member

Did your show stop and buffer Ratters?

I did watch the game on my phone and that could be a possibility. It did buffer occasionally, but overall decent enough for £50 a season. Tweaks I am sure will be done as we go through the season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 11:22 am
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

Buffering is nearly always down to data speed, either your own or the source

If lots of people are seeing it that suggests the issue is down to the server at the Widnes end

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 11:25 am
Gulley Sucker
(@gulley-sucker)
Eminent Member

2. This may be down to my stupidity but the video stopped and buffered twice, for an age, Is there anything that can be done to stop this? Hopefully a more video-savvy Member can help a duffer!!

Are you watching the video via Vimeo/ Widnes TV? There is an option to download the video. You can watch the video without an internet connection once downloaded so shouldn’t be an issue with buffering.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 12:17 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

That would seem to be the answer GS. Will get my staff to attend to it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2020 12:23 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

I’ve had no buffering at all when watching any of the content so chances are that buffering will be down to your local connection. Vimeo is a huge business and has servers and infrastructure more than capable of serving a couple of thousand Vikings so it will either be your internet speed or your device.

May depend on your device, but see if Vimeo has any resolution settings and reduce from 1080p to 720 if you have issues and see how that goes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 12:40 pm
(@widneswarri0r)

Personally, I thought the filming was better than previous weeks. I’d rather have a constant zoom than a wide angle, makes it easier to establish which players are which.

The constant noise coming off the Tripod was quite annoying I must admit. Nothing much can be done about that though i’d guess

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 12:57 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

If its on Vimeo then as mentioned it will almost definately be a local issue

have a look here

Help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 1:23 pm
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

Whoever filmed the reserves game needs to stop whistling during the game

it looked like a work experience kid has filmed it and if that’s the case he/she should be supervised.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2020 8:25 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Whoever filmed the reserves game needs to stop whistling during the game it looked like a work experience kid has filmed it and if that’s the case he/she should be supervised.

might be an idea mate if, halfway through the season, you’re still having the same issues with recording of games you contact the club via email or other means with a list of any issues you find so they can hear it directly and maybe improve the service that way or pass on feedback

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2020 9:54 pm
Share: