Quieter but more co...

Notifications
Clear all

Quieter but more courteous Message Board, with sensible content!

Page 1 / 2
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

I am assuming James that it was your intention to avoid some of the more extreme posts and personal insults that were all too evident on the previous board. In which case so far so good! OK not as much content (yet) and quite often several days pass before anyone posts anything new, no doubt things will build as posters feel more confident that a counter view or opinion is not going to result in them being vilified!

Got to say gaining access in the early days was a bit of a nightmare, with some fun and games with passwords, but that seems to have settled down now and I am sure more people will sign up and post!

So thanks for tidying things up and getting back to Widnes Vikings stuff!

Topic starter Posted : 22/01/2020 11:12 am
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Agree Wirral!

As regards logging in, I've said many times, I must be the least tech-savy person on the planet, but with (a lot) help from James, I'm back on!

I feel the same as you too about hoping that those who were posting the personal insults, and seemed to revel in it (the very few know who they are) have learned their lessons, and this board is lively, informative, amusing, but 101% free of the agro that (more than) occasionally s(p)oiled the previous one!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 11:44 am
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

I don't want a board where everyone agrees with each other, healthy debate is good and others can see something you miss and are able to enlighten you too this. However personal insults to board members and disgraceful comments about some players and staff  is I am now hoping a thing of the past.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 12:20 pm
Robbo
(@robbo)
Estimable Member

I'd agree that it's nice not seeing all the insults and the fact that some people seemed to dominate the old message board and have a go at anyone who disagreed with them. It's not healthy and, I am sure, stopped a lot of people posting or even coming online as it was getting all too much. That was certainly the case for me.
Hopefully we can have healthy debate without the personal insults and enjoy talking about the team we all love.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 1:28 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I agree with the above, but one thing I’ve noticed, and I don’t think it’s just me, that unless you log on you can only see the posts up to when you last logged off. And other people who haven’t joined the forum have told me they can’t get on the board just to see the posts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 3:57 pm
(@chemic1950)

I agree with everything that has been said on this subject,I'm sure it will get more lively as the season progresses

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 5:07 pm
(@ratboy)
Reputable Member

They will be back once the season starts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 6:25 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

I agree with the above, but one thing I’ve noticed, and I don’t think it’s just me, that unless you log on you can only see the posts up to when you last logged off. And other people who haven’t joined the forum have told me they can’t get on the board just to see the posts.

i posted as much in the feedback/help section, unless you log in theres no update and even then the main forums screen doesnt reflect the updated posts within that forum

im sure it will be sorted soon but it is a teeny bit annoying

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 11:04 pm
 DLM
(@dlm)
Trusted Member

Yeah I noticed that too. Very frustrating.

It looks likes there are no new posts or replies to posts until you log in.

Regards

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/01/2020 12:52 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

I don’t want a board where everyone agrees with each other, healthy debate is good and others can see something you miss and are able to enlighten you too this. However personal insults to board members and disgraceful comments about some players and staff is I am now hoping a thing of the past.

agree there, you need a sensible debate, but as others have pointed out we do not need the vitriolic comments and I told you so content

onwards and upwards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2020 4:53 pm
(@irishtrevor)
Eminent Member

<p style="text-align: left;">Hey has anybody had any contact from TOLD YOU SO trio?  I have just got back from a all inclusive in Kirkham and now reading through this board I find it astonishing they arnt sucking each others lollipops on here.</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 10:51 pm
Davie
(@davie)
Eminent Member

Can we just stick to posts about rugby please. ? It’s nice while it lasts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 10:16 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Apart from the famous three, there does seem to be a lot of people missing from this new message board, and very few posts compared to the last one. Anyone got any idea why? I thought once the season started it would pick up again, but it hasn’t done yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 11:07 am
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Apart from the famous three, there does seem to be a lot of people missing from this new message board, and very few posts compared to the last one. Anyone got any idea why? I thought once the season started it would pick up again, but it hasn’t done yet.

I think a lot of the old crew that stopped commenting because of the problems with a few don't know its changed. I have enjoyed the new site and still no problems to date

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 11:25 am
(@widneswilly)

I think the issue is those of us who know anything about the game have stopped posting.

Turns out it wasn't us stopping people posting, more the tedious nausea inducing backing of criminals and poor players from the "true" supporters.

Enjoy, looks like this forum is essentially finished 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2020 12:36 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: