Notifications
Clear all

PPV RL?

CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

So there has been some suggestion that part of the way to 'save' the game is to have PPV matches when the time comes.

If the game is behind closed doors, I get it, but would it really be a success when people already have paid for season tickets and, in many cases, Sky?

I'm not sure about it...

Topic starter Posted : 09/04/2020 2:41 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

So there has been some suggestion that part of the way to ‘save’ the game is to have PPV matches when the time comes. If the game is behind closed doors, I get it, but would it really be a success when people already have paid for season tickets and, in many cases, Sky? I’m not sure about it…

The most rational way to save the game is to get back to basics, no expansion teams, create a league in the image of British Rugby League. Community spirit, a community game played in the 62 Corridor.

How can we expand the game when the game is no longer strong in former hot spots?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2020 3:21 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

If TW really are £10mill in debt due to this lockdown, then I think it's safe to say they'll be gone pretty soon.

What if the RFL re-start the CC (behind closed doors) and Catalans can't travel. Would we get a 'walkover'/bye into the next round?

There are more questions than answers.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2020 6:06 pm
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

If a sport that is all about physical contact can be played, then fans will be allowed in.
They also won't potentially take up ambulances time either until all is well.

No sport will be played until this is all well on the back burner, so there is no need for people (In all sports) to chuck round theory after theory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2020 8:44 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

They could start playing behind closed doors a lot sooner than playing in front of a crowd, because if the virus infection has slowed down, but is still around, there’s a lot bigger chance of people getting it if they’re all sat together among thousands of others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2020 10:42 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

They could start playing behind closed doors a lot sooner than playing in front of a crowd, because if the virus infection has slowed down, but is still around, there’s a lot bigger chance of people getting it if they’re all sat together among thousands of others.

Are you not concerned about the players welfare ?. If a player caught the virus on field then the Sport would go bust. Like stated above no medics no games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 7:36 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Obviously there will have to be medics at the matches and I imagine that they would have to test all the players before they play to make sure they haven’t got the virus.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 8:03 am
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

Do you mean the tests that take five days to be proved one way or the other?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2020 8:16 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I’m not a medical expert so I don’t know, but Australia don’t seem to think this will be a problem, with them due to start playing again in a months time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 9:50 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Big push for this PPV stuff in the Mirror today with Tony Smith and Kevin Sinfield.

Along the lines of saving Rugby League.....

Not sure I would pay for Salford v Hull KR (in addition to SKY) just because it would 'save' Super League....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/04/2020 4:18 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Why would you have to pay again if you already have a sky sports subscription?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 11:51 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Why would you have to pay again if you already have a sky sports subscription?

Basically the 2 Sky Games would stay and the other 4 weekend games would be PPV. So to make money, they need you to pay extra for the non-Sky games.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/04/2020 1:06 pm
Share: