Notifications
Clear all

Oldham (Home)

Page 1 / 4
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Nothing short of a convincing win will suffice this weekend. Same 20 players as last week’s squad though obviously several of those did not play with Lewis Else returning as well.

Topic starter Posted : 03/09/2021 11:04 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

3 Hookers in the squad plus Else, maybe an opportunity for Else to play Scrum Half?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2021 4:20 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Hopefully, it is supposed to be his best position so I would like to see him given a chance. He has done well thrown in at hooker this season.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/09/2021 4:37 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Obviously I desperately want us to win tomorrow. But if everyone wearing a Widnes colours plays with pride in the shirt and to the very best of their ability, I won’t feel suicidal if we lose.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2021 8:57 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

If everyone in a Widnes shirt plays to the best of their ability we won’t lose!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/09/2021 9:00 am
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Glad to see Smith back in the squad. I really don’t see a defeat on the horizon and I really think Oldham are in for a tonking after last weeks debacle. I am expecting seasons highest score  😀😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2021 9:56 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Got to agree regarding Else. He really put the effort into the hooker stint and could still make good fist of it. Depends really whether we can afford Hulme as well, bearing in mind work committments.

Lyons  has lasted well considering his defensive workload but Else deserves a shot at his favoured position at some point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2021 9:49 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Else doesn’t play but with Tyrer, Smith, Hulme and Grady all back in the starting line up we really should be winning and winning well.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/09/2021 1:27 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Emptiest I have ever seen it 25mins before kick off 😬

Hopefully a good performance and win.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2021 1:38 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Yeah, not many here. Got in at five to three and no problem getting a seat bang on the halfway line.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/09/2021 1:56 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Game won in the first 20 minutes, some nice tries and good play, Oldham not up to much but we did exactly what was expected,  so fair enough.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2021 3:41 pm
(@vikingkev)
Trusted Member

Good solid performance today

as others have said Oldham offered very little but you can only beat what’s in front of you

being able to spell the 3 props and Baker made a big difference here’s hoping we can get the bodies in to do it more consistently next season

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2021 4:18 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Very convincing win albeit against a team who aren’t really up to Championship standard. Not the first time this season we have looked a better team than the league table suggests but we’ve not been able to put anything like a consistent run of form together.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/09/2021 4:19 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

I wasn’t there but that’s a good win and shoves us up the table, showing what can be achieved when we can field a strong squad.

Anybody got an guesstimate of the attendance?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2021 4:27 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I would say similar amount of home support as against Halifax, obviously a couple of hundred fewer away fans.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2021 4:29 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: