Notifications
Clear all

Number 12 in SL

(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

I know there are mentions in other topics of this but who do you reckon will get the call ?

toulouse favourites at moment, bu depending on application criteria and assuming current SL members have a vote this could be interesting

bradford - Leeds,cas,wakey would love that

fev - not sure who would

Leigh - poss Wigan,stains,wire,fraud

toulouse - cats

london - zero

Topic starter Posted : 05/11/2020 6:28 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

I don't think the SL clubs get a say, they just decide on the number of teams they want in the competition.Then it is down to the RL to choose and they will probably go through an independent panel.Whichever way it is decided there is no way that a traditional northern club will replace an 'expansion' club.It will be London or Toulouse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 7:16 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

I know there are mentions in other topics of this but who do you reckon will get the call ? toulouse favourites at moment, bu depending on application criteria and assuming current SL members have a vote this could be interesting bradford – Leeds,cas,wakey would love that fev – not sure who would Leigh – poss Wigan,stains,wire,fraud toulouse – cats london – zero

I've posted this on the RL Fans page on Facebook, but...……………...

What could Bradford currently offer Super League? Not a lot, I'd say!

The Bulls are a bang average Championship outfit, and are at present (like us) "homed" out of town.

OK, in the days of the Volcano, and the Awesome Foursome, they were a huge credit to the top tier, but those times are lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng gone, and (in my opinion) sentiment should count for nowt!

If I had my way, it'd be Toulouse, but from a (selfish) downside view, I'd be disappointed that we wouldn't be going there!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 7:30 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

When we 'won' our SL place in 2011 it was'nt decided by the SL clubs, it went through the RFL who used an independent panel.Same as in 2008 when Crusaders and Salford got the go ahead.Whoever it is that gets the 12th place will be lambs to the slaughter, coming straight back down.That's if relegation and promotion is'nt shelved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 8:09 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

That was under Lewis, more organised than Rimmer.

Being PT makes us out of the game atm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 11:31 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

The clubs don't vote I don't think. The SL board and RFL board decide between them.

I'd be amazed if it's not Toulouse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/11/2020 5:14 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Interesting comments, not enough info really, rumour about being relegation free - for all clubs ?
in my opinion when they reintroduced pr I think the promoted club should have been exempt from relegation in their first season, ala catalans

also rumoured no promotion from 2021 comp which would have a massive effect on clubs like Leigh, Toulouse and poss Brad fraud and london

would not affect us I don’t think, also it becomes the basis for an independent competition, the championship would have to vet new members - like the team kicked out of SL !

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/11/2020 4:18 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

I 've said much the same on another post. SL clubs are getting worried over reducing Sky funds imo.

Maybe the SL era is coming to an end, with not many TV options a available either. Get the Champs re-jigged and get on with it. Maybe back to a hobby with a few quid if you play well would work again?

At least we have gone thorough the cut backs and are ready to go!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2020 4:41 pm
Share: