No sport in France ...

Notifications
Clear all

No sport in France till September

DLM
(@dlm)
Trusted Member

France have said today that no sport will be played there before September.

That rules out our trip there in August that I know a few hundred fans have already booked flights etc for.

Not sure if flights/hotels will be operating by then but if they are it might be a case of going over there without any rugby or losing the money.

DLM

Topic starter Posted : 28/04/2020 8:55 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Hardly a surprise.

Cant see Championship RL taking place before around then either.

Hopefully the airline cancel the flights to save us a bit of money.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2020 9:50 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

<p style="text-align: left;">I can't see the Championship and League 1 playing before then as with no TV deal in place you need the crowds.</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">The Superleague could potentially play behind closed doors like the NRL and possibly the Premier League footy. It's by no means ideal but could keep Sky Sports happy.  However this move has just ruled Catalans out for the next 5 months.</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2020 11:56 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I can’t see the Championship and League 1 playing before then as with no TV deal in place you need the crowds.</p> <p style=”text-align: left;”>The Superleague could potentially play behind closed doors like the NRL and possibly the Premier League footy. It’s by no means ideal but could keep Sky Sports happy. However this move has just ruled Catalans out for the next 5 months.</p>

Catalan considering re-locating team to UK to enable them to play SL games. TWP already here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2020 7:18 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I can’t see the Championship and League 1 playing before then as with no TV deal in place you need the crowds.</p> <p style=”text-align: left;”>The Superleague could potentially play behind closed doors like the NRL and possibly the Premier League footy. It’s by no means ideal but could keep Sky Sports happy. However this move has just ruled Catalans out for the next 5 months.</p>

Playing behind closed doors how is that even safe??

They will only be able to play if they comply with Government guidelines, which will be relaxed at some stage to allow a gradual return to some kind of normality, including sporting events.

The players health and safety will presumably be paramount in making any decision after, of course, safeguarding the Sky money!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2020 10:13 am
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

One of the more interesting takes on Covid-19 is the general apathy towards globalisation with many now wanting economies to be based on bribing back the supply chain to their own individual countries.

Could this ring true in RL, that a globalised Rugby competition is truly flawed and inept when a countries laws are different to the country who actually hosts the competition?

And I say good riddance if it meant losing the Toronto vanity project.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2020 3:45 pm
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

One of the more interesting takes on Covid-19 is the general apathy towards globalisation with many now wanting economies to be based on bribing.

Don't work for Boris do you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2020 8:21 am
Share: