Notifications
Clear all

McManus

(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

Now suddenly calling for SL and the RL to reunite, it appears we are all in this together again now the gravy train has been derailed

Gobshite ....

Topic starter Posted : 08/05/2020 11:03 am
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

How strange, after being key in the Superleagues breakaway from the RFL 2 years ago, we now see a complete about face during the same week the RFL secures a £16 million government loan!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2020 12:23 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Now suddenly calling for SL and the RL to reunite, it appears we are all in this together again now the gravy train has been derailed Gobshite ….

The RL should be looking after non SL clubs but it won't happen. You are spot on with the comment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2020 4:16 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Personally I cannot stand that man Mc Manus. I   was once told he is  a former Hong Kong Banker & in the past has paid millions of the club's debts off on at least 2 occasions.  I am not sure how true that is but he is not interested in the wider  game at all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2020 12:33 pm
(@rafe-wrench)
Trusted Member

Personally I cannot stand that man Mc Manus. I was once told he is a former Hong Kong Banker & in the past has paid millions of the club’s debts off on at least 2 occasions. I am not sure how true that is but he is not interested in the wider game at all.

And that goes to the heart of the issue. If we had a fan with deep pockets we wouldn't be where we are today. I wonder if Steve O'Connor is the only investor to have made a turn on his investment in RL? Not directly of course, but the £££ are real enough.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2020 6:41 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

He'll probably which of his side will be off to the southern sun after Thompson has gone! I'm sure others will be approached.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2020 9:44 am
Share: