Liz Hindley RIP

• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 May 20 @ 8:59 pm by colchesterviking.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steve McDonald
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

<p style=”text-align: right;”>I have just seen the very sad news on Twitter that Liz Hindley has  passed away. I am sure that a lot of</p>
    people will be familiar with Liz from her work with WISSL. Very sad news. Thoughts are with family and friends.

Farnworth Viking
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Very sad. Was it liz that won an award a year or two ago for the most influential/best volunteer at a club?

sandgroper
    • Captain
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Sad news indeed. Both Liz and Steve did so much for charities on many fronts.

She was a fantastic and tireless worker for our club and will be greatly missed.

RIP Liz.

Spelly
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Met Liz on many occasions. Top lady who loved the game, and will be sorely missed. RIP.

" ---- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Rafe Wrench
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

Lovely lady. I remember her as a girl pulling pints for her dad Frank in the Angel & Elephant. Sad news.

K9
    • New signing

Very sad to hear the news of Liz’s death, a lifelong supporter who did a lot for the club in various ways. I first met her when she was involved with the Lady Vikings.

RIP.

colchesterviking
    • New signing

Was her maiden name Farrington.?

If so, I think she was at Wade Deacon with my sisters and would only have been in her early/mid 60s and was, at one point, one of the “Summer Games” leaders at Vicky Park in the mid/late 70s.

Fun times and happy memories of a much simpler life. RIP Liz

colchesterviking
    • New signing

Big fingers and autofill don’t work well together. That should have said “was her maiden name farragher?”

Back to Forum Home | Mark Topic Read  | 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.