Notifications
Clear all

Jack Johnson

(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

He has signed for Newcastle. It’s a bit strange that he’s signed for a club in the lowest division, unless he/they know they’re going to be promoted to the Championship next season.

Topic starter Posted : 26/11/2020 8:53 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

He has signed for Newcastle. It’s a bit strange that he’s signed for a club in the lowest division, unless he/they know they’re going to be promoted to the Championship next season.

He probably went for the best deal on offer and my guess is that Newcastle will be in SL before Widnes - now that would be a real expansion of the game and maybe encourage other clubs outside the RL heartlands to promote the game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/11/2020 9:09 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Agree that he will probably have gone for a better deal, he had left us already, btw! Sounds as if he likes Dennis too. Newcastle had a pretty good looking set up too.

Looks like the Ottawa players are jumping ship now anyway, before too many SL players are off-loaded. We might be looking but we have replaced some of the leavers. Big young second rowers are our main requirement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/11/2020 9:25 am
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

If he had stayed with Ottowa he would have been playing in League 1, so no change there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2020 3:59 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Didn’t do anything outstanding in his short second spell with us.

We’ve got decent options for the opposite wing to Cross- Roby, Buckley, Edge & Hatton.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2020 4:31 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

TBH Cross looked the more eager if you look at the breaks he made, a la Makinson.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2020 5:54 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I like Cross, good player.

As for Johnson, he in my opinion is better than the other options mentioned, but I am happier to have the big forwards come in and Tyrer: makes us a more rounded team IMO.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2020 6:43 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Agree with that

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2020 8:57 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Problem Johnson had was we always moved the ball right.

That said, must be a decent offer from Newcastle. The reason he left Featherstone to sign for us in the first place was the difficulty in getting over the M62 for training from work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2020 5:46 pm
Share: