Notifications
Clear all

Injury Glut

(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Have to admit to a wry smile when I looked at the SL injury lists this week. The chat about our plastic being hard and increasing injury risk sounds a bit overcooked.

Not saying that our pitch isn't responsible for some of course but grass doesn't look that much better! Or is it that pre-season was disrupted more than a little?

Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2021 4:42 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

I think there is a link between the plastic pitches abs knee injuries. I’ve known about 5 people in the last 3 years who have suffered ACL or Cruciates on our pitch or Bankfields pitch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2021 7:53 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Compared with no knee injuries on grass? Don't think so.

You would have to compare the way the injury was sustained to make it stick. Its more down to the way that tackles are policed by the ref., allowing standing wrestling etc.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/05/2021 9:34 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Why would you have a wry smile about injuries ? Don't know why some fans are so defensive of the I pitch anyway, it's crap and players hate it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2021 11:30 am
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

Compared with no knee injuries on grass? Don’t think so. You would have to compare the way the injury was sustained to make it stick. Its more down to the way that tackles are policed by the ref., allowing standing wrestling etc.

All the injuries I am referring to involved amateur football but in last three years, I didn’t hear of one serious knee injury on grass compared to to serval on plastic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2021 1:36 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

This week there are 13 SL players out with knee problems, not many on plastic pitches I suspect.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/05/2021 3:34 pm
widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member

This week there are 13 SL players out with knee problems, not many on plastic pitches I suspect.

Nothing to do with pitches at all, it's more likely to do with abysmal tackling techniques, unfortunately...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 3:55 pm
widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member

I think there is a link between the plastic pitches abs knee injuries. I’ve known about 5 people in the last 3 years who have suffered ACL or Cruciates on our pitch or Bankfields pitch.

Sorry for being pedantic, but ACL & Cruciates are the same thing.

ACL = Anterior Cruciate Ligament.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 4:01 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Nothing to do with pitches at all, it’s more likely to do with abysmal tackling techniques, unfortunately…

Totally agree, as do others in the RL media it seems. Worst spectacle I've seen with  the return of the lying on, ball stealing, generates a terribly slow game.

Funnily enough, the NRL game still looks massively faster and stronger than ours. And our exported players seem to enjoy it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/05/2021 9:44 am
Share: