Ground entry checki...

Notifications
Clear all

Ground entry checking

Page 1 / 2
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

There didn’t seem to be anyone checking if you had entered the stadium at the right time, and you could use any turnstile

Topic starter Posted : 23/05/2021 1:48 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Maybe but woe betide you if you try to take in a plastic water bottle with a top on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 1:58 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Maybe but woe betide you if you try to take in a plastic water bottle with a top on.

took the top off my lemonade bottle. It will be discussed at debriefing I am told😁😁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 4:33 pm
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

The stewards didn’t seem to have a clue, first they were sending me a grandad to another turn style before a second one corrected them. When we eventually got into the seated area, asked another where these seats were. His answer “sit there while I find out, I don’t know I’m the only one on here” Exiting the stadium seemed weird. Kept on being told to remain seated but then there didn’t seem to be any direction on when we were meant to leave, and seemed to start with those furthest away from the exits (which didn’t make sense to me).

No wonder they didn’t allow more in the way it’s set up they wouldn’t have been able to cope

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 4:37 pm
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

took the top off my lemonade bottle. It will be discussed at debriefing I am told😁😁

Didn't check my bag that had food I.  My Mum was able to bring in two flasks and two sealed water bottles without problem

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 4:38 pm
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

Oh and when they moved all the seats around in the West for the DCBL branding they swapped all the seat numbers around. That was causing a bit of confusion with people trying to work out which were actually their seats

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 4:39 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Tbf that is a normal thing at football stadiums

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 5:20 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Probably not really necessary for a small crowd of season ticket holders at a game with no away fans though is it? Bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 5:28 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I think teething problems were to be expected but overall I'm still not sure the arrival times needed to be that early for that size of crowd and also the West Stand was good fun because the Seat Numbers were all messed up!

What did we think the crowd was: didn't hear it announced....was thinking maybe 1200ish myself?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:14 pm
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

I think teething problems were to be expected but overall I’m still not sure the arrival times needed to be that early for that size of crowd and also the West Stand was good fun because the Seat Numbers were all messed up! What did we think the crowd was: didn’t hear it announced….was thinking maybe 1200ish myself?

Good fun? It’s shambolic from the council

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:24 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Maybe the sarcasm didn't come across well there!

Yeah it was a joke having 4 number 75s next to each other!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:31 pm
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

The rules do seem different everywhere. Watching Leeds now, only have 4K in but looks like half are in the south stand, not many masks and chugging away on pints 🤷

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:42 pm
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

There didn’t seem to be anyone checking if you had entered the stadium at the right time, and you could use any turnstile

The steward didn't check my ticket before I went into the turnstyle. I would imagine that because there was nobody in the queue at all, then it did no harm letting us in regardless (we did actually turn up at the right time though). Theres no point in rejecting somebody coming in at the wrong time if there's no need. The club did say they would try and let people in who were late for their timeslot or something along those lines.

I didnt see or hear of any problems whatsoever today. But then I didnt go looking for any.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:54 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Tbf that is a normal thing at football stadiums

And concert venues.Standing on a discared bottle without a top will just crush it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 7:17 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

What was the crowd figure?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 7:31 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: