Notifications
Clear all

Grand Final Tickets

Page 1 / 2
(@spelly)
Noble Member

I'd forgotten that I had a "carry over" from last year's final, and booked again.

So therefore, I have two £41 tickets to spare.

I don't want anything personally for 'em, but will donate the highest bid to Rob Burrow.

Please e-mail me if you'd like to make a bid.

Thank you in advance.

Spelly.

jspellman2@sky.com

Topic starter Posted : 30/09/2021 10:56 am
(@saintviking)
Eminent Member

I am actually going on Saturday but thinking of going in the car but haven't got a clue were to park any ideas any one I don't mind walking 15 to 20 minutes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2021 3:11 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

I am actually going on Saturday but thinking of going in the car but haven’t got a clue were to park any ideas any one I don’t mind walking 15 to 20 minutes.

There are a few car parks nearby costing from about 6 to 12 quid

The N2 and N3 car parks, look them up but it can take ages to get out, most of the nearby streets have restrictions all the time even as far down as gorse hill and stretford

I would think about parking at the Trafford centre or asda and getting a cab. Its about a 40 min walk from there but 10 mins in a cab and free parking, issue is getting a cab back tho

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2021 6:07 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

Park near Brooklands tram stop (where you get off for Swinton, Heywood Rd) and tram go straight to OT.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2021 6:41 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

I am actually going on Saturday but thinking of going in the car but haven’t got a clue were to park any ideas any one I don’t mind walking 15 to 20 minutes.

Park up in Eccles. £3.00 for all day, and jump on the tram to the Quays.

There's a pub called the Eccles Cross across the road from the tram terminus, and it'll be full of fans (including me) who are going to OT.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/10/2021 6:47 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Park up in Eccles. £3.00 for all day, and jump on the tram to the Quays. There’s a pub called the Eccles Cross across the road from the tram terminus, and it’ll be full of fans (including me) who are going to OT. Spelly.

Car Park - M30 0DD. Pub - M30 0BP

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/10/2021 7:06 pm
(@saintviking)
Eminent Member

Brilliant thanks for the info guys.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2021 9:07 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

Park up in Eccles. £3.00 for all day, and jump on the tram to the Quays. There’s a pub called the Eccles Cross across the road from the tram terminus, and it’ll be full of fans (including me) who are going to OT. Spelly.

Car Park – M30 0DD. Pub – M30 0BP

Are the trams only going to Media City, John? There are a lot of tramways shut off between the Lowry and Pomona, are there not?

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2021 4:21 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Are the trams only going to Media City, John? There are a lot of tramways shut off between the Lowry and Pomona, are there not? Paulie xx

As far as I know they're running all the way, but.........

It's not a huge hike from Media City, and we always walk it home anyway, as the trams are rammed.

If I hear anything further, I'll post it on here.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/10/2021 5:21 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Are the trams only going to Media City, John? There are a lot of tramways shut off between the Lowry and Pomona, are there not? Paulie xx

As far as I know they’re running all the way, but……… It’s not a huge hike from Media City, and we always walk it home anyway, as the trams are rammed. If I hear anything further, I’ll post it on here. Spelly.

Just rang 'em, and no prob from Eccles.

There's engineering work at Deansgate, but that's farther down the line, but if you're tramming it from Piccadilly, you may well be affected.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/10/2021 5:32 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Managed to sell the two spare tickets, and as they were handing over the cash at OT, Rob Burrow's party were very near, so I went over, handed it over to (I think) his mam, and had my picture taken with him and his daughter.

What a guy he his! Huge smile on his face, despite the terrible illness he's suffering from!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/10/2021 8:43 am
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

Good work Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2021 8:48 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Nice gesture sir.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2021 10:36 am
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

You are a genuinely decent man Spelly. Good on you sir.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2021 11:08 am
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Managed to sell the two spare tickets, and as they were handing over the cash at OT, Rob Burrow’s party were very near, so I went over, handed it over to (I think) his mam, and had my picture taken with him and his daughter. What a guy he his! Huge smile on his face, despite the terrible illness he’s suffering from! Spelly.

You were papped by our photo agency who described you as a Catalans fan! Must have been the hat!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 2:48 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: