Notifications
Clear all

Grand Final at OT

(@spelly)
Noble Member

Just booked our tickets for the extravaganza a couple of miles down the road from Monton, so....,,...

Who'll be on the park battling it out for that glittering trophy?

As of now, McNamara's Mob, and Kristian's Crew, look the clear faves, but...........

Could it finally be your nearest, and not so dearest's year? Although, as I always remind my mates at Wire, we've been champions twice since they have!

The Rhinos are no strangers to that little corner of Stretford, and neither are Pies.

Would the title heading across La Manche be good for the game in general?

Over to you!

Spelly.

Topic starter Posted : 03/08/2021 9:29 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

,,,, and Catalan will bring along a couple of hundred fans to the final. How is that good for the game?

Looks like St Helens (again), but would like to see Castleford get a few wins to reach the play-offs and win. Maybe the last trophy that Powell will win for a while!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2021 10:00 am
(@spelly)
Noble Member

,,,, and Catalan will bring along a couple of hundred fans to the final. How is that good for the game? Looks like St Helens (again), but would like to see Castleford get a few wins to reach the play-offs and win. Maybe the last trophy that Powell will win for a while!!

Which is why I asked the question, and have asked it before too, but.............

They managed to bring a goodly few to Wembley, but that was pre-Covid, and also had a reasonable amount of time to book flights / hotels, but................

This time, they'll have (at best) a fortnight from finding out if they're there, and restrictions will still be in place by then I would imagine, but.............

They're looking the real deal at present, and are in my opinion, a credit to the game I love, but...........

Row upon row of empty seats, wouldn't look good I completely agree, but...........

We'll be there whoever's out on the park!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/08/2021 10:41 am
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

Be nice if Catalans and someone like Cas could get there.

I'm sick of the sight of Saints, Wigan & Wire. Boring.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2021 11:53 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Would like Catalans to win for a change or even Hull FC.

Feel like when push comes to shove it will be Saints again though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2021 1:50 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Be nice if Catalans and someone like Cas could get there. I’m sick of the sight of Saints, Wigan & Wire. Boring.

Does seem like same 'old same old' these days but it isn't going to change much with a 10 club SL 1. Or will SL 2 share the TV appearances (and collect a fee to balance the books!)?

A lot of sorting out to do yet!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2021 2:56 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Catalans deserve an appearance, would love to see them trounce Saints in the final.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2021 7:08 pm
Share: