Topic starter Posted : 30/09/2021 2:41 pm
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

Might put my money on a Wakefield relegation then next term “the franny effect”

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2021 2:51 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Not a bad shout that, Toulouse won’t go down if they come up IMO - so one of Salford/Wakefield for the drop.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2021 4:16 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member
  1. Pascal knows this a bad move for Wakefield 😂👍 Get the popcorn out and watch Wakey struggle. 🍿🍿🍿
ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2021 6:34 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Wakefield have been on easy street for over 20 years, taking the Sky TV money and doing not a lot with it.Now the income is much reduced and they will be up against it should Toulouse be promoted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2021 7:01 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Never at the races with us, where has he been since ?
Must be a cheap option

relegation- depends on the reorganisation proposals

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2021 7:40 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

James tweeted before that it was two years since our last SL game, another defeat against HKR. Cummings had fifteen games in charge with fourteen defeats our only victory against Halifax, says it all. Would love to know what happened to a team that promised so much and yet in that year delivered so little. Still haunts me now

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2021 7:09 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Think by 2018 the team was on its knees anyway; needed a level of signing which we either refused to sign or couldn't attract by then.

Cummins was a bit of a fall guy for the failings of Rule and O'Connor, although I agree he wasn't good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2021 7:16 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

His team selections were horrible. Didn’t have a great squad but had more players at his disposable than Betts with new signings and players back from injury and we definitely got worse on his watch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2021 8:06 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

James tweeted before that it was two years since our last SL game, another defeat against HKR. Cummings had fifteen games in charge with fourteen defeats our only victory against Halifax, says it all. Would love to know what happened to a team that promised so much and yet in that year delivered so little. Still haunts me now

Did it promise much?!

The writing was on the wall when nothing was done at the end of 2017 to significantly improve the squad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2021 12:34 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

That's right. 'Poor' Denis didn't have much to work with because of a lack of funds.He was one of the reasons there was a lack of funds.Rule, midget, Betts and the various hangers on, all aboard the gravy train heading south to relegation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2021 12:45 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Did it promise much?! The writing was on the wall when nothing was done at the end of 2017 to significantly improve the squad.

Yes James it did. We were top (or near) of the table for over a month and playing good rugby, rugby which I did enjoy watching. I know we had that blip after Easter but we came back and finished seventh in the league. You are in a better position than me being more involved in the game, perhaps you can tell us what really happened after that and why our board would not invest. Your interview with Kevin Brown was really eye opening perhaps you could expand on that please.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2021 12:54 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Did it promise much?! The writing was on the wall when nothing was done at the end of 2017 to significantly improve the squad.

Yes James it did. We were top (or near) of the table for over a month and playing good rugby, rugby which I did enjoy watching. I know we had that blip after Easter but we came back and finished seventh in the league. You are in a better position than me being more involved in the game, perhaps you can tell us what really happened after that and why our board would not invest. Your interview with Kevin Brown was really eye opening perhaps you could expand on that please.

The year we were top of the league was 2016. We lost Kevin Brown and Corey Thompson (among others) without replacing them; spending less on the salary cap each year to ensure wages of directors were still paid.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2021 2:59 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

In Sport when a team is bad they largely remain regardless of manager change just look at Leigh.

However, playing Craven on the wing and Whitley at centre then throwing Whitley out of the team proved how clueless he is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2021 3:25 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Looking at the old dvds you can see players getting older and slower but just being re-signed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2021 3:46 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: