Page 1 / 2
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

Signed a one year deal with Catalan

Topic starter Posted : 28/01/2020 10:30 pm
Robbo
(@robbo)
Estimable Member

Disappointed in Catalans.  The guy is unrepentant in his views and I can see there being some repercussions for Catalans.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 8:29 am
(@get-into-them)

As Al Murray the pub landlord says if we had no rules were would we be? France!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 9:11 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

Interesting one.

He is an outstanding player, but I fear a backlash from other players and supporters when they play Catalans.  He's going to have to be good as players will target him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 9:23 am
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Interesting one. He is an outstanding player, but I fear a backlash from other players and supporters when they play Catalans. He’s going to have to be good as players will target him.

and maybe some referees!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 10:50 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

In what way Sunny?

Do you think professional referee's may penalise Folau in a game unfairly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 11:11 am
Robbo
(@robbo)
Estimable Member

He claims to be "a proud Christian".   He's not, he's a bigoted "Christian".

A real Christian would accept everyone is different and not put such dross as he did online.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 12:03 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

He'll get some grief from fans, I've no doubt about that at all. Especially if they've had one or two too many pre game.

I've been thinking of an adjective to describe Catalans' signing. Brave? Inspired? Risky? Interesting? Add yours if you so desire.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 12:35 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

He claims to be “a proud Christian”. He’s not, he’s a bigoted “Christian”. A real Christian would accept everyone is different and not put such dross as he did online.

Did you see what he posted ?

A small element was taken from it and twisted by the " outraged by everything" pc crew, those who propose diversity and tolerance but only as long as you believe what they tell you that you must believe

He offered to publicly apologise to anyone offended and the Aussie RU refused to allow it

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/01/2020 12:51 pm
(@rafe-wrench)
Trusted Member

I wish people would keep their religious views, and their sexual orientation, to themselves. It's nobody else's business. That's my view!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2020 9:38 am
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

You can disagree with what he said/posted, whilst agreeing with his right to do so. Veganism know has more rights than certain religious views with the recent court case.

You also don't need many brain cells to know he's chatting rubbish, but you can just ignore something if you don't believe in it. Religion causes trouble in all walks of life (See the tennis controversy this week as well).

That being said I.F also should expect lots of criticism at all of his away games, and probably home games if away fans use it as a weekend on the ale.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2020 1:18 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

In what way Sunny? Do you think professional referee’s may penalise Folau in a game unfairly?

No - but he may be targetted, ie 1 inch offside and he's penalised, should he lie on in a tackle for a second too long he's penalised.etc.

Other players may be given the benefit of the doubt, he may not be.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2020 2:39 pm
 Ping
(@ping)

So in his remorseful state. Obviously before he said the same things about the bush fires a week or two back. He has not removed the comments. I think it has nothing to do with political correctness. It's more sinister than that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2020 11:20 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

So in his remorseful state. Obviously before he said the same things about the bush fires a week or two back. He has not removed the comments. I think it has nothing to do with political correctness. It’s more sinister than that.

So he quotes from the bible and lists 25 sins which includes homosexuality alongside "repent or hell awaits" and  "only Jesus saves"  and that is twisted and reported as he said "all gays are going to hell" completely ignoring all the other "sins" listed as well and hes the sinister one ?

its funny how no one mentions him appearing on the front of a magazine to support and promote a gay cup competition for cup both male and female gay players

as a lying, thieving , drunken fornicator, alongside a few more of the sins listed, i wasnt offended by his post even though im now probably on santas naughty list as well

and the hypocrisy is, as can be seen in this thread , hes being persecuted for his religious beliefs by those who preach tolerance because his beliefs dont conform to their lifestyle

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/01/2020 11:48 pm
 Ping
(@ping)

Intresting goings on from Hull KR?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2020 11:24 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: